general questions (pre-sale)

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

iamsam

general questions (pre-sale)

Post by iamsam »

hi
the 2DS appears to be what i have been looking for but before taking the plunge, i have a couple of questions...

- is the board compatible with a DSC Power832 ? that's a 12 yrs old panel ...
- what's available through the "local" webserver ? full logging ? or just arm/disarm event ? can i run it in local mode only and get a decent amount of status out of it ?
- any issues with having this board and having my system monitored by a company ?

thanks

Sam
GrandWizard

Re: general questions (pre-sale)

Post by GrandWizard »

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, our Envisalink modules work with ALL "power series" panels, some of which are over 15 years old, including the 832 (PC5010).

On the local interface, right now, you can...
- See real-time zone and partition status
- If you have an EMS-100, see inside and outside temperature.
- ARM and DISARM with code (all partitions)
- Toggle programmable outputs (1-4)

This is just a small subset of what is available through your Eyez-On account though. As well, you need to have an account to receive firmware upgrades as they become available. You also have to have an Eyez-On account to access the mobile smartphone (iPhone, Android, BB) version of the Eyez-On portal. All of which is free by-the-way.

As for compatibility with other modules, the Envisalink is unique in that it doesn't need to be enrolled as a communicator to work with DSC panels. You can still have normal communications using DSC's communicators (POTS, DSM, IP) as well as having an Envisalink module.

I hope that answers your questions.
iamsam

Re: general questions (pre-sale)

Post by iamsam »

thank you grandwizard for your help... that helps a lot.
i will order my 2DS shortly and look forward to trying it out

Sam