Network Supervision Fault/Restore

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

chriva

Network Supervision Fault/Restore

Post by chriva »

I am getting bombarded with these messages today.

I have changed the network cable and rebooted the 2ds, but nothing helps.

I used to get it sporadically, but lately it is very frequent.

Any update on this, or a way to disable it; as I do not trust this error any longer?

Thank you.
mkl757

Re: Network Supervision Fault/Restore

Post by mkl757 »

I've usually get this error whenever lost connectivity with the network, being power loss on the router or temporally losing internet connectivity.
blakem

Post by blakem »

I think of this message more as a trouble to notify me if the connection to my alarm is down meaning I may miss potential alarm events until it is restored. I don't think it really works well as a line cut since an internet outage is more likely than someone cutting your internet service.

If it does not resolve you can look at your modem or your router, other than that it might be your service provider.

To disable the event, login to your eyez-on account, go to your contacts. Uncheck the "Network Supervision/Line Cut" notifcation option on each contact you wish to no longer recieve this event.
chriva

Post by chriva »

Thanks for the replies.

I have disabled the event, as I feel I cannot truly trust it anymore (more like the boy who cried wolf).

Hopefully it will be addressed in further upgrades.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

As mentioned in other threads: The network supervisory faults are generated when our servers fail to "see" traffic from an Envisalink within a certain time window, which is currently 10 minutes.

This can be due to faulty network equipment, ISP outages, anything that affects the communications between the Envisalink and the servers.

I would look at your network switches first as the source of your problem. They are historically the biggest cause of failure. Especiialy the $20 type you buy at Best-Buy or Future Shop.
rbeavers

Post by rbeavers »

I am having the same problem with LinkSys EZXS88W & an older NetSurf NS-NWS501. I also lose my local intranet connectivity to the EVL-3, cannot even ping, then have to reset the switch to regain connectivity (if only for a few minutes before it faults again). All other devices on these switches have NO ISSUES except the EVL-3. Can you recommend a switch model(s) that is confirmed to be compatible?
ddimit

Post by ddimit »

Agreed, I have 2-2ds's separated by 500 miles so different ISP's My Network failures have always been 95% ISP related 5% percent local power outages. Your 3DS is telling you that there is a network issue that you probably never knew you had.

I relay on my network supervising to alert me of issues at my remote location as I have several network connected devices that relay on Internet service to work properly, Plus the if your not subscribing to a monitoring service you will not get any alarm notifications if your not aware that your network is down.
rbeavers

Post by rbeavers »

I have one ISP but the issue is also occurring on the LAN. I have 3 other devices on the same switch that never fault... I installed the EVL-3 yesterday and it worked flawlessly until this morning. Now faults every half hour or so until I cycle power to the switch. Wash, Rinse, Repeat...
rbeavers

Post by rbeavers »

OK. Just installed a NetGear GS605 v3. Same Problem. I am having a hard time believing that all three of these switches are the problem... I think there is an issue with the EVL-3. Little Help?
ddimit

Post by ddimit »

Have you replaced the cable from the router to the Board as well.
Its possible a bad module but its usually cabling/router.