Interest in expanding control to home automation?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

pifiu

Interest in expanding control to home automation?

Post by pifiu »

I noticed ADT has an app that allows for remotely viewing cameras, integrating HVAC and lighting. I was wondering if there are any plans to integrate this together?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... controlweb
GrandWizard

Re: Interest in expanding control to home automation?

Post by GrandWizard »

Lol, read the reviews about ADT...

--------------

"Its horrible. Horrible signal and take so long. Ahhh Its horrible. Horrible signal and take so long. ahhh "

"Worked ok for a few days after the update then back to the black ... Worked ok for a few days after the update then back to the black screen. Unable to open the app unless I delete it and reinstall it. "

"IPhone app works so much better than this andriod app! It pains me everytime I open this app on my Galaxy note 3 and it doesn't work to its potential. My live streaming video freezes after 5secs and I have to exit the camera and start it again for another 5secs. I paid too much for thus alarm system for this important feature to be malfunctioning! It needs to be fixed ASAP!! "

------------

We are focused on rock-solid IP security services and won't sell c**p to our customers like other companies obviously do. We have released our camera offering and are moving towards better HVAC and lighting controls in the near future.
pifiu

Post by pifiu »

oh I saw the reviews! I just thought they do seem to have a nice concept going, maybe just not implemented properly.

A complete open app where different types of thermostats, cameras, home automation controllers are supported without proprietary hardware or service would be nice.

What camera offering was released?
ddimit

Post by ddimit »

ADT and the other Big Alarm companies are not interested in new tech.

Comcast forced their hand by getting into the market for Home Alarm/Automation.

The big guys are only concerned on getting you to sign on the dotted line and have you hooked for a long term commitment.

First thing i did on my house was rip out the ADT system and installed DSC and Self monitor.
For awhile before the Envislink was available i config-ed the panels to dial out and use DTMF codes as Paging/txt messages to Cell Phone..

The Envisalink was a game changer, best add on product out there for an Alarm system hands down