Can the Port be changed?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

ryan43110

Can the Port be changed?

Post by ryan43110 »

I currently have a linux system that is port forwarded to 80 and I would rather not ticker with that as I have many things set up to access it. Everything I have read about the IP100D says that it uses port 80, can this be changed so I can access it from outside network? I know how to port forward, I just want to make sure that I can change the port on the IP100D to something other than 80.
EyezOnRich

Re: Can the Port be changed?

Post by EyezOnRich »

The device also listens on port 8080. It does that by default.

I should point out, if you are using the EYEZ-ON ESP portal you don't have to worry about that at all. You don't have to make any router changes or do anything to your network, the portal takes care of it all.
Bangster

Post by Bangster »

Just to be a real pain in the butt......
I have the same issue, except both 80 and 8080 is used by important applications (for me).

I need the port for the Android DSC app that should work great with IP100D.

Is there anything I can do except to change the other devices?

Thanks in advance

Carsten
erkme73

Post by erkme73 »

Please consider this a "me too" request. I have a video security system that defaults to 8080 - and is not configurable. My ISP does not allow port 80 inbound (to prevent customers from hosting their own websites, I suppose). There is an android app (DSC monitor) that I'd like to play around with...
cii_paul

Post by cii_paul »

If you have a linux based firewall like ClarkConnect (or its new name ClearOS) you can use port forwarding/translation for incoming connections. My unit is arriving this week, and I plan to hook it up on my internal network and then port forward and translate an oddball external port number to port 80 for the device. I do it for several other things on my internal network, the problem is trying to remember all the "external" port numbers and where they connect to! :?
My only question is the outbound connection - will the unit still find the EYEZ-ON portal for updates.
I guess I'll know by the end of the week or so, I'll post and let you know.
Paul
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Pretty much every router I've used in QA has had the option to port-forward with different ports for external, and internal. That is, you can forward "external_ip:8076" to "internal_ip:8080".

I know linksys (cisco), d-link, belkin have this feature for sure.

I can add it to the firmware wish-list anyhow.

Michael
dangerous

Post by dangerous »

erkme73 wrote:Please consider this a "me too" request. I have a video security system that defaults to 8080 - and is not configurable. My ISP does not allow port 80 inbound (to prevent customers from hosting their own websites, I suppose). There is an android app (DSC monitor) that I'd like to play around with...
I think the post after this may cover but i will add my 2 cents.
you must be on COX cause they block a lot including what you stated above.

I set my router to listen for a port... say 8013 and all traffic going to "www.mydomain.com:8013: gets port forwarded to your NAT ip address of the 2DS (IE 192.168.2.10) Port 80. .