Feature Request: Alerts for Zones

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

schaesc

Feature Request: Alerts for Zones

Post by schaesc »

I recently purchased the IP100D. It's a nice product and an improvement over the TL-150. One feature that you note on your web site is the ability to receive alerts on zone openings and closings.
"ESP also allows the end-user to specify an unlimited number of e-mail or SMS addresses to receive alarms, arms, disarms, zone openings and closing and more."
Looking at the alerts, zone openings and closings do not appear to be listed as possible options. I would like to be able to receive alerts when specific zones are opened. These alerts should notify of a zone opening whether the alarm is armed or not.

For instance, I would like to receive an alert any time Zone 4 is opened.
EyezOnRich

Re: Feature Request: Alerts for Zones

Post by EyezOnRich »

We have temporarily disabled that feature due to a technical problem. We should have it active again by next week.
schaesc

Post by schaesc »

EyezOnRich wrote:We have temporarily disabled that feature due to a technical problem. We should have it active again by next week.
Please let us know when you have activated this again. Thanks.
dmacaskill

Post by dmacaskill »

Hi, do you have a timeframe as to when the zone alerts would be make available again. Thanks.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

Sorry I meant to post an update sooner. Short answer - not exactly. It has turned into a much bigger project than we originally thought. We have to completely rewrite the alerting engine. We are working on it but have a bit to go yet.

I'll post another update shortly as soon as we are at a more definitive point.
erkme73

Post by erkme73 »

Do not intend to hijack this thread - but didn't want to duplicate a similar issue. I just received my IP100D tonight, and am configuring it. I have not been able to find where any of the notification/alert settings are. Could one of you please point me to it? Thanks!

Never mind, folks... As usual, I took the lazy way out and asked without first poking around enough. I figured it out. Sorry for the distraction...
dmacaskill

Post by dmacaskill »

Hi, any more news on the alerts for zones?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Yep, this is already in alpha testing for an upcoming 2DS firmware update. We should all see this feature within the month.
dmacaskill

Post by dmacaskill »

Will these features also be for the IP100D?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

We have had to scrap server-side zone reporting due to the overwhelming amount of data that needs to be sifted through at the server. We have since moved this function to the Envisalink but the code is still not released.

So no, this feature will not be available to IP100D users. Sorry.