Foscam 9821 v2 support

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

tgbdp54

Foscam 9821 v2 support

Post by tgbdp54 »

Is this camera supported? If not, will it ever be?

Thanks
EyezOnRich

Re: Foscam 9821 v2 support

Post by EyezOnRich »

None of the H.264 cameras are currently supported. They may be in the future but no timeline on that.
dcuste

Post by dcuste »

I am getting about ready to add some cameras to my security system. I am looking at some models that are not supported and trying to figure out what the advantages would be to limiting my camera selection to a supported camera rather than going with a better camera with a real nice interface. What will I be giving up by not using Eyez-on for my camera interface? Better security? Better camera controls? I just don't see an advantage of using Eyez-on.
Tambourineman

Post by Tambourineman »

What is the advantage of having a camera supported? Is it just to make setup easier? Many cameras can easily be securely used over the the internet. Do the supported cameras interface motion detection and can set off the security system alarm or send a signal?

Many of the Foscam cameras have manufacturing defects (go read the Amazon customer reviews or go read the Foscam forum), but Foscam cameras seems to be the only ones supported. Why?
ChiefScientist

Post by ChiefScientist »

Hi, I saw Foscam 8910w was supported and the one I have works well. So I bought two 9821w's as well thinking those would be backwards compatible. I should have checked this forum first.

But be that as it may, it does seem you guys could add support for the 9821. Any new update on that?