EnvisaLink 2DS vs. IP170D

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

EyezOnRich

EnvisaLink 2DS vs. IP170D

Post by EyezOnRich »

A lot of people have asked what is the difference between the EnvisaLink 2DS and the IP170D.

There is no difference between the two other than the name. It was only a marketing name change. An IP170D and an EnvisaLink 2DS are exactly the same module.

We just wanted align the naming a little better with some new products that we will be introducing soon.

Rich
dangerous

Re: EnvisaLink 2DS vs. IP170D

Post by dangerous »

i was told the 2DS is FIRMWARE Upgradeable and the IP170D was NOT.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

No, the first generation Envisalink (Model IP100D) was not upgradeable over the network. The second generation Envisalink, the Envisalink 2DS (model # IP170D) is upgradeable.

The current released firmware is 1.1.22. The envisalinks are being automatically updated so right now everyone should be at that firmware level.
quatchi

Post by quatchi »

If I were to swap out a IP100D with a 2DS, would I have to reset all the zone labels and notifications or is there "change device" option?

Also, if I have a device that is on one account, can I easily remove it from that account and add it to another?

Thx.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

Yes, unfortunately as notifications and zone labels are keyed by the device you would have to redo them for a new device. (not your contact list though - that stays - just what alerts are triggered by the device).

To remove a device from an account and add it to another is easy. Just delete it from the existing account and go through the "Activate New Device" procedure in the account you wish to move it to.