EnvisaLink with Sprint?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

klgould

EnvisaLink with Sprint?

Post by klgould »

Hi All,

I have an issue with the amount of time it's taking me to receive messages and trying to narrow down the issue. So my question is does anybody have EnvisaLink using Sprint service to receive texts? If so, does it take a while to receive texts (i.e. alarm).

I just installed my EnvisaLink Saturday and still working out the kinks, but upon setting off my alarm from the second the siren goes off to me receiving a text stating so is 50 seconds. I understand from reading on here and from Google searches that this is high and most get theirs in 5 seconds or right around there.

I've double, triple, quadruple checked my settings in the actual programming (Ademco 20P).
My settings are as follows:

*48 = 77
*49 = 5
*50 = 0,0
*53 = 0
*54 = 0
*55 = 1

I use keyfob remotes to disarm before entering so none of my zones have a delay so alarm is instant when tripped. Front door / back door / motions / glass breaks are all on a perimeter (no delay, instant alarm zone types) or Interior follower for the motion detectors.

I think it's the delay on the Sprint side so I wanted to see if anybody else had the issue, but otherwise I have no other idea unless there's a setting on my router that is keeping the signal from going out quickly. I have the firewall turned on, but the signal is still going out (albeit slow) so I don't think it would be that. So needless to say I'm stumped.

I appreciate any input you all can provide.
GrandWizard

Re: EnvisaLink with Sprint?

Post by GrandWizard »

The timestamp of the event in your Eyezon portal is the time we received the signal so it is easy to determine if it is a programming issue.

To determine whether there is a delay in the outgoing mail queue due to a deferal, of if it indeed a delay at sprint, email tech support with the event and timestamp and we can ask the sysadmins to check the mail logs for you.

There is nothing your router can do to "slow" an outgoing packet. It can only either drop it, or let it go.

Typically delays are due to something at the carrier's end but sometimes it is due to a "deferal". That is when the carrier tells our servers that it is too busy to accept the message at this time and to try again later.
klgould

Post by klgould »

Thank you for your reply / insight, that really got my mind spinning.

So after work tonight I set it off and let it run. Time stamp on the EnvisaLink page came in around 45 seconds and then the text came in about 5 seconds later.

That told me it was a programming issue. So I spent time going through the manual scratching my head and came upon a zone list option (*81) . Zone list 6 has a dialer delay disable option so I thought that might be the golden ticket. Went in and added every zone I have (minus the keyfob zones) into zone list 6. Fired it back up, set off the alarm and now I get an alarm time stamp on the EnvisaLink about 10 seconds after the alarm triggers and a text in 15 seconds. Much better than 50!

I also set up a contact list for my email address and have it set up to notify me on alarm conditions. Upon testing I get an email about exactly the same time it shows up on the EnvisaLink. Sprint is costing me 5 seconds longer to receive the text.

So I guess that's a happy ending. 15 seconds is better than 45-50 so I'll leave it at that. I don't think I'm going to get it down any quicker as I've run out of programming settings to play with.
ddimit

Post by ddimit »

i send both emails and txts at the same time. not unusual for my gmail to arrive 10-20 seconds before txt on sprint does. I have had some instances of getting delayed hours but its rare