DSC POWERSERIES NEO

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Koontzy

DSC POWERSERIES NEO

Post by Koontzy »

Can anyone confirm me that the EVL3CG work with the new powerseries NEO and if not, will it work eventually?

Thanks guys !
Koontzy

Re: DSC POWERSERIES NEO

Post by Koontzy »

Anyone have news about this ?
Thanks alot !
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The Neo is the replacement for the high-end Maxsys so I doubt there will be support for Neo in the short-term. Envisacor always said they would only support "volume" panels.
Koontzy

Post by Koontzy »

Actually the Neo is NOT the replacement for the Maxsys because it cannot do any access control right now. The only difference with the powerserie features is that there is a new 128 zones where before it would be max 64 zones.
The Neo is currently sold has a "future" replacement of the Powerseries, that why it the POWERSERIE NEO
The thing is that the neo have a new keybus called CORBUS, that why I'm pretty sure the current gen Envisalink will not work on this..
quatchi

Post by quatchi »

Had a little chat with a DSC rep today. Says that the keybus on the current power series is not currently compatible with the NEO setup which is a RS422 encrypted setup. He mentioned that they may release a bridge but until I see it will I believe it. One reason he mentioned is to prevent the use of 3rd party devices (and he specifically said there was one that worked with both DSC and Ademco but didn't say the product :) but I think we know what he was referring to.). He says lifetime of power series will still be sold for the next 5-6 years until Neo is fully ramped up to replace it.
NadieLite

Post by NadieLite »

Did you end up getting the DSC Neo?