No more Quick API - Any python TPI examples anyone can share

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

noone

No more Quick API - Any python TPI examples anyone can share

Post by noone »

I have had for some time a python script working using the a Quick API that would query the status of the alarm, and then arm or disarm it automatically, based on the status. I scheduled this script to run in the late evening and early morning, which effectively made it so I did not have to manually arm and disarm my system daily.

It now appears that the get status command of the Qujck API no longer works, thus rendering my python script useless.

Does anyone out there have any kind of scripted example I can take a look at that does the functions outlined above? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance....
Madelinot

Re: No more Quick API - Any python TPI examples anyone can s

Post by Madelinot »

I have the EXACT same problem, except my script is written in PHP. It's been about 2 months I think. I'm not sure if it's the API that was changed or if it's a firmware update that was applied. It's really annoying. The API still works, but always return the status as Ready, even when armed. Why was this changed? My script has been working flawlessly for more than a year and it was really useful. I want it back...
Madelinot

Post by Madelinot »

My PHP script is here. It was changed a bit, but most of it is there: http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=628

Looking at it again, I changed some time ago to include the time of day to ensure it would not arm in the morning when I had not armed it the previous evening and attempt to disarm in the evening instead of arming. Just so that it's more reliable. I can post it if anyone wants it.
noone

Post by noone »

The quick API is mostly useless without the status command working. All it can do now is blindly arm and disarm. The TPI is going to take a little time for me to figure out to code a new python script.
Madelinot

Post by Madelinot »

Any update on this? The status command is likely a bug that was introduced in the last version of the firmware since it was working fine before and nothing else has changed. I would also like to switch to a local Python script, or even Perl. A start script would be nice...