Comm. Failure with Vista 20P even though system is working

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

fondy

Comm. Failure with Vista 20P even though system is working

Post by fondy »

Hello,
I just got my Envisalink 3 set up and running with my Ademco Vista 20P system. Everything seems to be working fine, and I have set off the alarm several times and called the monitoring center to confirm they received the signal. I have entered my user code and "5" + "1" and receive a confirmation that the phone dialed. When I set off an alarm and pick up my phone the dial tone is seized by the alarm system. So it seems by all accounts that the system is communicating. However for some reason it keeps saying Comm. Failure. The only way to get rid of it is to either power down the system which gets rid of it until the next time the alarm is set off, or to dial the user code, 5 + 1, to send a manual test trigger. But it comes back. Any idea what's going on? I did try to change the *55 Communicator Priority setting back to 0 so that the alarm center would get the event notification before the Envisalink, but it makes no difference.

My set up is thus: Envisalink 3 connected to a Powerline Ethernet adapter (slave). The master powerline ethernet adapter is plugged into a router which is connected to my LAN by a MOCA adapter. I have Comcast VOIP for my phone service and Comcast cable for my internet.

I guess since the alarm system appears to be working this is more an annoyance, but still it's a bit disconcerting. Thanks for your help.
EdC

Re: Comm. Failure with Vista 20P even though system is worki

Post by EdC »

20P Comm Fail is caused by Control Panel attempting to call Central Station.
Sounds like your primary path is good. But what about your secondary report.
If you are attempting any dual transmissions and have a bad secondary CS
phone number - that would cause it.
To reset Comm Fail - You could down panel or simply enter then exit programming mode.
Hope this helps.