Vista 20p motion sensors not reporting in Stay mode

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

fondy

Vista 20p motion sensors not reporting in Stay mode

Post by fondy »

I have a Honeywell Vista system with the EVL3. In unarmed mode the motion sensors which I have set as Zone 10 (interior w delay) are activated by motion and show up on the envisalink zones grid as such. However when armed in Stay mode there is no report of any activity. I would like to know if a motion sensor was triggered even if it will not result in an alarm. Is this a limitation of the Vista system or something to do with the EVL3. Is there a way I can achieve what I want with configurable zone types? Thanks.
GrandWizard

Re: Vista 20p motion sensors not reporting in Stay mode

Post by GrandWizard »

Yes, this is another limitation of the Vista panels over DSC panels. It is documented in one of the FAQs. I think it might be in the Zone Followers FAQ.
fondy

Post by fondy »

That's a bummer. Is there no way to achieve this with configurable zones? Looking at the configurable zones options, I am confused at what is the difference between having a zone respond as normal, fault, alarm, or trouble. I think I can figure out what normal and trouble are, but what is the difference between fault and alarm? Could I not make a configurable zone that sends a fault in stay mode when shorted, an alarm response in away mode, with a fault delay, and not respond as an interior type? Would this be the equivalent of interior w/ delay except in armed stay mode the zone is not bypassed? Thanks.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

That's out of my pay-scale. If you don't get an answer here you might try one of the DIY security forums where you will find some Honeywell gurus. As far as what everyone has told me, it can't be done. If you do find a way, please let us know!
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when in STAY mode, isn't the Motion Sensors essentially deactivated (turn off), which is why in stay mode, the motion sensor doesn't trip/triggered the alarm? Is this different with DSC Alarm Systems?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

DSC panels report zone status even when armed. For example, when I arm my system to go to bed, I can still see all the motion detectors being tripped (faulted) at the keypad. They obviously don't generate an alarm as they are interior zones, but you can still see all the activity.
Poolman

Post by Poolman »

Is it possible for the EVL to monitor relays? I know you can trigger a relay output on a zone when armed, so if we have the EVL monitor the activation of a relay, it could work.

The relay doesn't even need to be installed.