Line cut monitoring test for Envisalink

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Installingitnow

Line cut monitoring test for Envisalink

Post by Installingitnow »

Is there a way to test the line cut monitoring? I'm wondering if unplugging the RJ45 cable while the system is armed might work as a test?
GrandWizard

Re: Line cut monitoring test for Envisalink

Post by GrandWizard »

The line cut supervisory window is 10 minutes. If you unplug the cable for 10 minutes you will receive a Network Supervisory Fault.
Installingitnow

Would that be only when the system is armed or anytime the connection is lost?

Also, if we have an ISP outage, would that also trigger the alert?
VitaminC

Post by VitaminC »

If I have EnvisAlarm subscription, will a line drop cause the operator to send someone out? I sure hope not...

Any ways to change the network supervision fault warning to more than 10 minute?

I am planning a trip to Europe and won't have cell coverage. Even if the operator from EnvisAlarm call me, no one would answer. Are they going to send someone out??
anzio

Post by anzio »

VitaminC wrote:If I have EnvisAlarm subscription, will a line drop cause the operator to send someone out? I sure hope not...

Any ways to change the network supervision fault warning to more than 10 minute?

I am planning a trip to Europe and won't have cell coverage. Even if the operator from EnvisAlarm call me, no one would answer. Are they going to send someone out??
No. We've lost our connection to Eyez-On a few times at both our locations (scheduled ISP maintenance for about 20 minutes or so). In each case, we only received a notification/email. Central station never dispatched anyone, nor did they call.

You're good to go. I'm not sure of their policy on AC loss reporting events though.
Installingitnow

anzio wrote:
VitaminC wrote:If I have EnvisAlarm subscription, will a line drop cause the operator to send someone out? I sure hope not...

No. We've lost our connection to Eyez-On a few times at both our locations (scheduled ISP maintenance for about 20 minutes or so). In each case, we only received a notification/email. Central station never dispatched anyone, nor did they call.

You're good to go. I'm not sure of their policy on AC loss reporting events though.

Even if the system is not armed, will you get notification if the connection is lost or line is cut or must the system be armed for notification?
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

anzio wrote: .

I don't know who your monitoring company is, but they should have called you in the event of a "Line Cut/Line Supervision lost". Maybe they didn't call you because they might have a certain minimum time window before calling (maybe 30 minutes or 1-hour). I know that alarm relay will call us if our IP unit loses internet connection. I can't remember the period that triggers the call to a customer.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Installingitnow wrote:Would that be only when the system is armed or anytime the connection is lost?

Also, if we have an ISP outage, would that also trigger the alert?
You get a notification regardless of the state of the system. You get a notification regardless of the reason for the outage. 99% of the time it is your ISP down for maintenance.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

DaveSin wrote:
anzio wrote: .

I don't know who your monitoring company is, but they should have called you in the event of a "Line Cut/Line Supervision lost". Maybe they didn't call you because they might have a certain minimum time window before calling (maybe 30 minutes or 1-hour). I know that alarm relay will call us if our IP unit loses internet connection. I can't remember the period that triggers the call to a customer.
Eyezon Envisalarm customers get special notifications for long-term outages and are subsequently contacted by phone if the line isn't restored.

In the world of IP monitoring, almost no company does network supervision for residential customers. They would lose their shirts rolling a truck for every network supervisory. Typically it is done only for ULc level commercial and they pay for it. In most cases it will be the security dealer that gets called for a supervisory, not the end customer.