How to setup email (or SMS) alerts

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

PMJ

How to setup email (or SMS) alerts

Post by PMJ »

I have looked through this forum and I see that people are able to receive alerts through email. I even saw in one post the screen on the website where you do it. But I cannot find where to set alerts up on the website.

I have looked under Contacts, but all I seem to be able to do is to set my name, email and phone number. Nothing about alerts.

I have a 2DS module on my PowerSeries alarm.

Could you please direct me to where the instructions on setting this up are?

Thanks a lot.

...Peter
GrandWizard

Re: How to setup email (or SMS) alerts

Post by GrandWizard »

From the help page...

To make the system send a text message use the SMS email format in the e-mail field of the contact.

For example with Canadian carriers it goes as follows: Bell Canada: [10-digit-phone-number]@txt.bellmobility.ca ... Rogers: [10-digit- phone-number]@pcs.rogers.com. ... Telus:10digitmobilenumber@msg.telus.com (e.g., 4031234567@msg.telus.com)
PMJ

Post by PMJ »

Yes, thanks, I saw that already :D

But what I really meant was: how do I configure which alerts I'm interested in receiving?

I saw in one entry on the forum a page where you could select which events would trigger alerts. Or was that for another product.

Is this even possible with the 2DS?

Thanks a lot.

...Peter
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

Hi Peter

The help topic above that covers it... "How Do I Get Started With A New EnvisaLink 2DS"

"Step 2: Enable your EnvisaLink to send alerts by going to "Manage Contacts". A default contact should already exist with the default e-mail address used to make the account.
Click "Assign Devices", beside your device click "Enable" and then check the alerts you wish to receive for that contact. You can customize alerts by contact. "
PMJ

Post by PMJ »

Thanks Rich. That's what I was looking for. I guess not being familiar with the terminology I didn't figure it out on my own.

...Peter
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

Not a problem. That's what the forum is for :D

If you have the question, there will be 10 others who do as well.

Have a great day!

Rich