EVL-3 VISTA 20P Arming Issues

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

kradec

EVL-3 VISTA 20P Arming Issues

Post by kradec »

New EVL-3 owner here.

1. I am having an issue of remote arming my Vista 20p in Away mode as it defaults to Stay mode since the Vista20P is expecting me to open and then close the door. I am assumming there is programming option in the Vista 20p to make remote arming work correctly when I am not onsite to exit the premises?

2. The second issue is that my Vista 20P is sometimes showing a status of "Exit Delay" after I have remote armed it. For example, it arms correctly (only Stay mode / issue 1 above). I receive no event message but just login in later in the day and I see Exit Delay under status. Perhaps it is related to the above issue and it is armed is Stay mode but since the door was not open/closed it shows Exit Delay as a status. The way to clear it is to key in the security code giving the Off command and then re-arm. What does Exit Delay mean as a status?

Thanks for the help.
DaveSin

Re: EVL-3 VISTA 20P Arming Issues

Post by DaveSin »

For the Vista 20P, you need to turn off the "auto stay" feature. I have a Vista 20P and had to do the same:

+ Go into programming
+ and enter *84 0, to turn off auto stay feature
+ *99 to exit programming

http://www.diysecurityforum.com/index.php?topic=25208.0
kradec

Post by kradec »

If I turn off auto stay, does that not then eliminate the exit delay all the time - even when I am onsite arming the system? I presume with the Vista 20p that there is no way around this? Thanks.
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

The exit delay will remain intact as before. The only issue is that if you are at home (inside the residence) and set the alarm to Away and you have Motion Sensors installed, after the exit delay, countdown, you would trip the alarm via the Motion Sensors. The Auto Stay function eliminates this possibility by defaulting to Stay mode if one or more of entry/exit zones are not faulted during the exit delay/countdown.
kradec wrote:If I turn off auto stay, does that not then eliminate the exit delay all the time - even when I am onsite arming the system? I presume with the Vista 20p that there is no way around this? Thanks.
kradec

Post by kradec »

Here is where I am at. I turned off Auto Stay (Thank you) and successfully armed Away (didn't default to Stay this time when arming remote) However, then a few minutes later, I check my status on the portal and it shows "Exit Delay". Bottom line is that the Auto Stay change worked but I am still getting the status called Exit Delay. I appear to be armed but with this status -- not sure what this even means?

Thanks again.

*Edit - I figured it out. For some reason, I had to reset my exit delay for the partition and that worked. The Exit Delay status now displays while the keypad is counting down, and then it arms correctly setting itself to the Away status.