Envisalink 2DS firmware 1.04.44 Released?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

seabiker

Envisalink 2DS firmware 1.04.44 Released?

Post by seabiker »

I see that a new version of the firmware has been pushed out... 1.04.44.

No announcement about when and why this was done although I know it's been a number of days since I first noticed the update had been done.

Although I appreciate that updates are happening, I'd sure like more control over the update process, (this IS my device after all that I paid for), especially when updates get pushed out with no notice about why.

I see some changes that make think this update is related to alarm monitoring? It's a little frustrating that you folks (the EYEZ-ON folks) tell us that you'll tell us "soon" about a new feature and then a week goes by... then another week... then a month... and nothing about the feature or even an update on when it might be announced.

Don't get me wrong, I really like this system and the fact that you're working on it, but the communication is a little messed up.
GrandWizard

Re: Envisalink 2DS firmware 1.04.44 Released?

Post by GrandWizard »

Firmware 1.04.44 is still 1.04 so we didn't call it a release. It is just a bug fix to 1.04.40 that was felt important enough to warrant an update instead of waiting until the next release. It relates to Zone Timers not getting properly reset on power-up.

We are going to make automatic updates optional from your eyez-on account. Although, if an update is critical to network operations then we will need to push the update.

The firmware for professional monitoring was released in 1.04.40, the delay has been administrative, not technical. I do apologize, we're as frustrated as you guys are.