Envisalink 3 - no IP Address - flashing KeyB

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

jness

Envisalink 3 - no IP Address - flashing KeyB

Post by jness »

Hi. I have just finished installing the EVS3 to a DSC PC1616 security panel. I am getting a flashing green KEY B indicating no IP address. Can anyone walk me through how to get an IP address for the module? I have a Netgear router with other wired and wireless devices attached to it.

Thanks,
JOE
DaveSin

Re: Envisalink 3 - no IP Address - flashing KeyB

Post by DaveSin »

Have you try:

A) A Different LAN Cable? Rebooting the Router?

B) Try connecting the LAN Cable directly to the Modem and rebooting the Modem?

C) A different Router to see if the Router is the source of the problem?
jness

Post by jness »

Thanks for the reply and ideas. I was able to determine that my new Linksys 5 port switch (SE1500) is apparently the problem. Given that all the other devices on it work properly, is there something I can do to get the EVL3 to work also? I'm not sure how else to get additional ethernet ports I need as I only have one coming out of my cable modem.

Thanks again,
JOE
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

There have been reports of some switches not working with older 10BaseT devices (like the Envisalink). They are supposed to. You may have to try another model of switch.
jness

Post by jness »

Thanks for the information. Good to know that there is still a chance that a switch should be compatible. I will try a different switch and report back.

Thanks again,
JOE
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

I used the 5-port Switch below on a new installed a few weeks ago and can confirm that it works with the EnvisaLink 3. It has a very small form factor and can be installed inside the panel if the needs arise. Fairly inexpensive (was on sale at Office Depot for $10.99) and comes with a lifetime warranty.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/5 ... 5E-5-Port/

Network Cables
10BASE-T: UTP CAT 3/4/5/5e (100 m max.) EIA/TIA-586 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
100BASE-TX: UTP CAT 5/5e (100 m max.) EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
jness

Post by jness »

Thank you all for your help. I wished I had seen the last post regarding the ethernet switch from OfficeDepot for $10.99. However, while I paid more, I was able to get a NetGear switch today which has solved my problem. I am now fully connected to my DSC system. Not sure why the LinkSys switch didn't work...

Thanks again,
JOE