Zone attribute 7 not working?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

rsilvers

Zone attribute 7 not working?

Post by rsilvers »

I have a rear door which I didn't want to be an "entry" door with a delay for the alarm to start, but I did accidentally exit through it when the alarm was on. My solution was to turn on zone attribute 7 so that there would be communication delay but have instant bell. This was the best of both worlds where if someone kicked it in when we are home, the alarm would sound immediately, but if we accidentally set it off, we would have time to punch in our code before the alarm company (InvisAlarm) would get notified.

But my wife just set it off, and the alarm company called in about 15 seconds (IP communication is fast) even though I had immediately turned off the alarm.

Does this mean that this IP communicator, due to being enrolled as a keypad, cannot see zone attribute 7?

Or does it mean that I don't have something programmed correctly in another part of the system?
GrandWizard

Re: Zone attribute 7 not working?

Post by GrandWizard »

The Envisalink is not a "communicator" from your panel's point-of-view. It is an "event reporter" and reports events as soon as they happen.

This is a good thing usually, but I can see that it isn't in your case.

Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done here.
rsilvers

Re: Zone attribute 7 not working?

Post by rsilvers »

Not a big deal.

I just like to not burden the alarm company with non-real alarms whenever possible.

But I just changed the zone to a Delay-1 zone as another way to address that.