Envisalink-3 quits communicating

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

MikeMikeMike

Envisalink-3 quits communicating

Post by MikeMikeMike »

I’m trying to install the Envisalink-3 on my Vista 20SE single partition system. As I’ve seen combing thru the threads of this forum, I know the 20SE will only allow the Envisalink as a communicator and not as a controller and I’m fine with that. I followed the Honeywell instructions as they applied to the 20SE for setting it all up and everything was fine: I got text messages on my phone for opening, closing, etc. Then I noticed I didn’t get a text notification when I opened the system the next day. Since then I’ve spent a couple of frustrating weeks troubleshooting:

The only thing that gets my notifications working again is to power off and on the Vista system. Then between 12-24 hrs later, they appear to quit again. Notifications also quit after an alarm is triggered and restored.

While it is not working:
- The LINK LED is solid green, the ACT LED blinks red, the OPER LED flashes red at the same rate, and the KB LED is solid green. All the same as when it is working fine.
- The Vista system performs just fine. I can arm, disarm, bypass, etc. with my keypads.
- I can still get to the Envisalink’s local page by typing ‘envisalink’ on my browser. Everything there appears to function fine and hitting ‘reboot’ doesn’t help. By the way, partition 1’s keypad address is set to the default: 18. All others are 0.
- When I log into my EyezOn account, no new events appear in Recent Activity. (I only see events that happened when it was functional.) And ‘Latest Update’ is updated every minute when, I presume, my Envisalink reports in.

At first I thought it was my router not renewing the DHCP lease so I tried several static IP addresses, all outside my router’s DHCP range. No difference.

At this point I’m thinking my problem happens when the panel, for some reason, stops sending reports to the Envisalink. I’m hoping someone here can help me out.

I know I can upgrade my panel but I have older keypads too (6137 and 6139) that I worry I’ll have to upgrade as well.
GrandWizard

Re: Envisalink-3 quits communicating

Post by GrandWizard »

Submit a tech support request and we can look at what's going on with your setup.
MikeMikeMike

Post by MikeMikeMike »

Done. Thanks!
Craig

Post by Craig »

Have you gotten the communication problem resolved yet. I want to install an Envisalink on my Vista 20se and I want to be sure it will work.
LeeLaycock

Post by LeeLaycock »

I have the same situation. The case with the alarm system says Vista 20p but the cicuit board is a Vista 20SE. I didn't see that till I was up close and squinting at the board while attaching the Envisalink3. I just received a response that it is not supported when I emailed in about why I was getting a FC error and couldn't input *54 and *55 fields...

Oh well, I think my next steps will be to update the panel innards to either a more current panel. I'll try and post a report and which way I go. I see after searching this forum that several folks have gone down this same path - maybe whatever I come up with as a solution might help.

Kevin