Set PC1616 time from Envisalink?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

skarabe

Set PC1616 time from Envisalink?

Post by skarabe »

Hi
Sorry if this has already been answered in another post. I could not find it though. Is it possible for the Envisalink to keep the PC1616 time up to date? My first need is to have daylight savings time set properly, second need is to set the time if the power for some reason should reset the system.

The PC1616 built-in daylight savings schedule module does not work for me since it changes every year.
GrandWizard

Re: Set PC1616 time from Envisalink?

Post by GrandWizard »

Yes, and yes.

The Envisalink will automatically keep your time set if you select "Automatic Time Updates" in your portal details page (look under "Manage Device"). Time upates happen at 3AM local time so don't think your time will change immediately after you turn it on.

As well, if the Envisalink detects a "Cold Start" condition, it will automatically set the time on your panel for you. Note, it may take up to 4 minutes for your keypads to reflect the new panel time.

We do this all for you for no charge. Nice isn't?
skarabe

Post by skarabe »

OK, thanks. Then there is something I don't get. I do have the Auto update checked, but the time displayed in my RFK5500 panel is not updated. Doesn't the panel show the system time?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Did you select the correct timezone in your Eyezon portal account?
skarabe

Post by skarabe »

You are correct. That's the issue. Thanks for the quick support!

Although I have set the time zone in my account settings, I thought this would automatically adjust the time for DST, but I was wrong. All looks OK now. If there is a possibility to add functionality for automatic DST updates, that'd be fantastic!

In Europe (except Iceland, Russia and Belarus) it's fairly easy rule to implement. DST always starts at 01:00 UTC last Sunday in March and always ends at 01:00 UTC last Sunday in October.

For CET, that means DST starts 02:00 in March and ends 03:00 in October.
tomedjo

Post by tomedjo »

GrandWizard,

Tried to follow your guidance for automatic time and date setting, but couldn't find Manage Device in the portal. Is this only for DSC and not Honeywell? I have 20p systems and I'm not using mobile, if that makes a difference.

Also, if we can use it for Honeywell and we set it to auto and specify a time zone, will it force both of my locations to the same time even though they are in different time zones?

Can I set auto time for only the location with the designated time zone and have the other one on manual time, so the times zones don't get posted wrong?

Thanks!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Unfortunately Honeywell systems don't have the auto time-update feature. Nothing to do with us, just a limitation within Vista panels.

As for your second question, yes, you currently will have both units go to the same time-zone but that is going to change very shortly with the next portal release.
tomedjo

Post by tomedjo »

Wizard,

Thanks. Many will appreciate the multiple time zones on the portal.

While they are setting up separate zones for each location, would it be possible to also separate the Custom Sequence memory for each location? I use 20p systems and use different custom sequences for each. It would be VERY helpful if the portal memory dropdown would only give me the sequences applicable for the currently-accessed location.

Thanks again!