EnvisaLink 3 and keypad PK5500

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

slint

EnvisaLink 3 and keypad PK5500

Post by slint »

I've just installed a envisalink 3 to my DSC 1616 and everything with the envisalink works greate.

But now i have a problem with the door chime in the PK5500 not working.
When activating the door ding-dong funktion in the PK5500 the PK5500 should (and has before installing envisalink 3) make a notification sound when opening any of my doors. Also when opening the cabinet door to the alarm the PK5500 keypad used to make periodic beeps telling me that the system has been tampered but no sound is working any more. The PK5500 still makes notification sounds when arming / disarming.

Anyone have an ideea why it have stoped make notification sounds?
GrandWizard

Re: EnvisaLink 3 and keypad PK5500

Post by GrandWizard »

Just hit *4 on your keypad to enable "Door Chime"

Or as my friend calls it, "Variety Store Mode".
slint

Post by slint »

I'v already tried that. The keypad says Ding-Ding On and if i press *4 again it displays Ding-Dong Off and no mather on or off it dosent make a sound.

Any other advice?
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

What happens if you disconnect the EnvisaLink 3 from the DSC 1616? Do the Door Chime works again? Try that experiment and report your results (I know it did work before attaching the EnvisaLink 3). How many Keypads are attached to the Panel? How many devices are attached to the bus?
slint

Post by slint »

There are only one PK5500 and one Envisalink 3 connected.

I will try disconnecting Envisalink.
slint

Post by slint »

Just tried disconnecting the envisalink 3 and door chime wont work... :(
Strange as it was working up until i connected the envisalink.
Can there be any other system programing on the DSC thats wrong / have changed besides *4 setting?
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

The experiment shows that the problem is not related to the EnvisaLink 3. When you are checking the Chime function, are you using just one specific door? Try another door/window. Maybe something (a specific zone related to that door) got disconnected during the installation of the EnvisaLink. Check all connections.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

slint wrote:Just tried disconnecting the envisalink 3 and door chime wont work... :(
Strange as it was working up until i connected the envisalink.
Can there be any other system programing on the DSC thats wrong / have changed besides *4 setting?
You most likely powered-down the panel to install the Envisalink so that is the real event. You would not have lost any programming but the chime feature is not in programming, it is a keypad specific setting that does get reset on power loss. Still, hitting *4 should turn it back on. Does the Green LED turn off when you open a perimeter door?
claude

Post by claude »

GrandWizard wrote:... You most likely powered-down the panel to install the Envisalink so that is the real event. You would not have lost any programming but the chime feature is not in programming, it is a keypad specific setting that does get reset on power loss. Still, hitting *4 should turn it back on ...
I had the same situation (power off to install the EVL-3, KP not chiming). So did *4 on one KP which worked, then went to the other KP to check: it was chiming, without keying in *4. So is the *4 a 'local' command to the KP or does it percolate to the DSC panel such that all KP's are affected?