How camera is exactly suppose to work with 2DS?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

wanz

How camera is exactly suppose to work with 2DS?

Post by wanz »

Thanks
Steve Jenkins

Re: How camera is exactly suppose to work with 2DS?

Post by Steve Jenkins »

I believe if you have IP cameras, you can put the IP address in your ESP account.

I've got the Logitech Alert cameras, so while they each have independent MAC addresses, I can't access them directly via an individual IP address. They are accessible through the Logitech-managed interfaces (website, iPhone app, or PC app).

Would be nice to have a checkbox option to support that, even if it just creates a link to http://alert.logitech.com/
quatchi

Post by quatchi »

You can put any URL/link in the place for the camera, doesn't have to be a IP camera.
Steve Jenkins

Post by Steve Jenkins »

quatchi wrote:You can put any URL/link in the place for the camera, doesn't have to be a IP camera.
Didn't work for me. Strangely, putting in both "alert.logitech.com" and "http://alert.logitech.com/" in the Camera field created a link to the External IP address of my router...
wanz

Post by wanz »

I still don't quite get it. So what are the compatible cameras? I had initially thought I could buy a few cameras (such those in the homesecuritystore.com) and a DVR and believed that the 2DS will be able to control those while they were recording nonstop.

So am I incorrect?

Thanks

wanz
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

We don't control cameras directly - there are so many different ones on the market.

The concept is that we just provide a "quick-link" to your camera's (or DVR or any other web device on your network) existing web interface because we are always running a dynamic DNS service in the background to keep track of your changing public IP.

So, to create the link you follow the manufacturer's instructions to install your camera and set it up for external access (this will probably involve some port forwarding on your router). Once your camera is installed, and you have verified that you can access it externally, you go to the "Manage Cameras" section of the EnvisaLink details page.

On that page there are two fields to add a new camera - "Camera" and "Port".

In the "Camera" field enter a friendly name for the camera "My Camera" or "Front Door Cam" etc.

In the port field indicate which external port on your router the camera is listening on.

That is it. Now when you click on the link you will be shunted over to the camera's web page. So, for example, If you have five different cameras with five different interfaces it is a simple way to switch between them from on place.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

I updated the functionality a little based on some feedback I received from some users who also wanted to be able to link to an external camera or dvr.

I've changed the name to Cameras/Network Devices

There is now an "external" checkbox in the "Manage Cameras/Network Devices" page. If you wish to connect to an external device rather than a local device then by clicking this external checkbox the "Port" option disappears and is replaced by a URL option.

In the URL field put in the full URL of the external Camera/Network Device (including http:// and the port ) i.e. http://cam.myextnetwork.com/mycam:4020

When clicking this link on the Security Details screen you will be taken to your external camera or network device instead.
bpsmicro

Post by bpsmicro »

Thanks! That works much better with my setup.

Brad
Steve Jenkins

Post by Steve Jenkins »

+1. Works great with mine now, too!
Gatesay

Post by Gatesay »

Ok, I put the port number in for my DVR, but where do I put the User ID and Password.
I can't access the DVR with just a port number.
Also there is 8 channels on the DVR, so I'm not sure which one will show.