IFTTT Integration for Automation

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

mikep

Re: IFTTT Integration for Automation

Post by mikep »

I could be the only one, but I wouldn't want my home/away status to be sent to a service like IFTTT. It's too much of a security/privacy risk in my view. I'm not even sure I'd want the status of my lights posted or handled from there, for the same reasons. And I'm certain I wouldn't want my alarm events going through there - it seems to make more sense to trust the professionals at Eyezon to keep my information secure and to make sure events are properly handled. IFTTT looks great for social networking, but I wouldn't consider it for "mission critical" automation.
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
Fawzi

Post by Fawzi »

For those who use their alarm mostly as a way to monitor your home as I do... Here's a recipe that works for me, for now with Gmail.

The goal was to get my phone to ring when there is an alarm.

It searches your Gmail for Alarm minus Opening and Restoral and when triggered it calls your phone and then repeats "Alarm ! alarm ! alarm !" (Almost like the robot in "Lost in Space"...8-) )

https://ifttt.com/view_embed_recipe/182 ... rm-call-me

I don't think of it as a real security feature, but it's a fun add-on for someone lime me who's system is not linked to a central.
CasualSaren

Post by CasualSaren »

IFTTT and Envisalink/Eyez-on work perfectly via the email/Gmail channel. You have to search for messages from "noreply@eyezon.com" or a specific key word in the alert to take action upon.

I don't publish it for security reasons but I have IFTTT alerting me via Pushbullet when an alarm is triggered, and I plan on doing some further automation using the Zone alerts (for example - letting me know when a door has been left open too long).
Jobine

Post by Jobine »

I use IFTTT with this command to change my temperature via Gmail !

If new email in inbox from search for Security Event: Away Arm Mode, then set temperature (16°C) for Downstairs

If new email in inbox from search for Security Event: Home Arm Mode, then set temperature (18°C) for Downstairs

If new email in inbox from search for Security Event: Opening By User, then set temperature (20°C) for Downstairs

But i don't know why you don't make a channel for IFTTT ?!?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Jobine wrote:
But i don't know why you don't make a channel for IFTTT ?!?

Because they don't answer our multiple attempts to contact them. We can't make a channel, they have to based on our API.
Harm0ny89

Post by Harm0ny89 »

I don't know if this channel had yet been released when this topic was active, but IFTTT has released a "Maker" channel. Can Envisalink be integrated with that? Here is the link: https://ifttt.com/maker
BK553

Post by BK553 »

bump...Any word on this grandwizard?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

You could probably use that to access the Envisalink's local web interface. The issue is that you would have to open-up a port to the web interface which is a pretty big security risk.

IFTTT does not integrate with actual "things", it integrates with other services that control other "things". The Envisalink's API is meant for direct control which doesn't fit with their model.
hionhifi

Post by hionhifi »

Reviving an old thread which is now relevant. Any progress made by users here with regard to getting IFFFT to talk well with the envisalink 4?
hionhifi

Post by hionhifi »

Reviving an old thread which is now relevant. Any progress made by users here with regard to getting IFFFT to talk well with the envisalink 4?