Calling all IP5401 (local API) BETA testers!

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Calling all IP5401 (local API) BETA testers!

Post by GrandWizard »

We are about to start an initial BETA release of '2DS firmware with the new local TCP/IP local API.

We are looking for developers who will actively give feedback on the latest release and do some level of testing in their environment.

If you are interested in becoming a BETA tester please email support@eyez-on.com with the following:

- Put "BETA Test request" in the subject line of your email
- What DSC panel you will be developing with
- What is your application?

If you are not a developer then please don't sign up as the BETA firmware may be unstable. We will try to make sure that normal reporting functions of the Envisalink are not affected, but that is not guaranteed.

BETA testers will be given the API documents but they will closely mirror the PC5401 (IT-100) API, but over TCP/IP.

This is a very exciting addition to the already super-functional Envisalink module.
joako

Re: Calling all IP5401 (local API) BETA testers!

Post by joako »

Could this somehow be a drop-in replacement for IT-100?
strangely

Post by strangely »

I'm currently using a PC1616/IT100 with a micasaverde home automation controller. I didn't write the plugin for it, but helped test it.

See here for some further details:

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/ ... 154.0.html

I'd be interested to find out how close the API would be to the IT100 protocol?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The IT-100 is based on the PC5401. The IP5401 will be very close (if not the same) to the IT-100 command set.

If you know of any HA developers who may be interested in the trying out this third-party interface (TPI), let them know.
strangely

Post by strangely »

From what I gather despite the similarities the PC5401 has some differences to the IT100, so I'm not sure why you'd want to use that as a base when most people are using the IT100 for plugins with their HA controllers. For what I can gather from reading other forums the differences are enough that it needs separate code.

If it was made more compatible with the IT100 then it would be a lot more easy for folks to convert their plugins! I'm sure if it was then we can get it up and running easily.

Whats the reason for basing it on the PC5401 rather that the IT100?

The only thing making me sit on the fence about buying one of these is that there are still no details about the monitoring company you are planning on using (I also sent a PM about this which you haven't answered by the way)
nikkor

Post by nikkor »

Now THAT is a reason to get a 2DS
This is what I hoped I was getting when I bought my IP100D. My fault for not doing enough research

And ironically enough I got my IP100D plugin for the Micasa Verde Vera home automation controller working today. It's limited though because the IP100D webpage doesn't expose much information from the alarm panel.

If you guys would be willing to send me a 2DS (or swap me for my IP100D) I would create and release a plugin that would allow the 2DS to work with the Micasa Verda Vera home automation controller.
:D

I have a DSC PC1832 panel that I'm currently using with the IP100D

Richard
strangely

Post by strangely »

@nikkor, I had a message from Florin on the MCV site that he'd created a code space today for a plugin based on the IP100D and was wondering if this was yours?

Looks like you may at least get a trade in your IP100D:
http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopi ... 1c87e0428e
But I hope they take you up on the offer though of providing a 2DS (seems fair)!
nikkor

Post by nikkor »

Yes, Florin set that up for me and I hope to have the code uploaded very soon.