remotley trigger alarm

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

geneg

remotley trigger alarm

Post by geneg »

Is there a way to do this? just wondering it would be a great way to get the kids out of bed for school if I have to go to work early :lol:
Mighty

Re: remotley trigger alarm

Post by Mighty »

Great Suggestion!!! I've been wanting and investigating this type of remote feature for a while... I would love for someone to come up with a remote alarm triggering idea?

Maybe you can somehow trigger the via walk test installer mode?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Yes this can be done, it is just nobody ever asked before.

I'll put it on the to-do list, strange as it may be ...
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

While I wouldn't recommend it, there is a way you can do it now. (Depending on how your panel is configured)

Just connect one of your on-board programmable outputs to a zone using a piece of wire.

You can control them from the mobile interface and if you change the state of the PGM while the system is armed it will set off the alarm.
CES

Post by CES »

don't really think that's a good idea! if your in a populated area
as alarm sounds for neighbors :o not a good idea .
do that and after a few times neighbors if they don't complain :x at the least would ignore a :? possible real alarm :twisted: and the alarm would loose that added effect of getting attention for a real alarm event!
remember its a Burg alarm and or fire\smoke not an overpriced alarm clock lol ( i know that part may only have been a bit of a joke, er i hope at least lol :