IFTTT Support

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

explosivo

IFTTT Support

Post by explosivo »

Guys,

Just wanted to throw this out there. Does the EnvisaLink 3 hardware/software have the capability to integrate/use ifttt? This could take the EnvisaLink 3 it to another level.

thanks
soda97

Re: IFTTT Support

Post by soda97 »

Short answer - no.

It has been asked couple times but they are not interested :(
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Yeah, it is actually my job to handle 3rd party integration and I can tell you definitively that IFTTT is not interested in anything that relates to personal or property security. I assume it is the obvious liability it opens them open to.
tampamike

Post by tampamike »

Are you sure GrandWizard? I know that IFTTT integrates with SmartThings and can be used to lock and unlock doors. That seems to contradict your statement about IFTTT not interested in anything to do with property security.
isriam

Post by isriam »

sorry i'll give some details as to how i'm doing this.

alarmserver.py script and config from ethomasii from github.

smartthings hub

ifttt/tasker

I auto alarm my system at 930pm in stay mode every night, and when all of our cell phones leave the property it arms in away mode. it works great, i also have a door set up to send me a siren if it opens after 8pm (daughters room) with ifttt/pusher and my ipad that sits by the bed.

its not easy, but the issue is with evl-3 not allowing more than 1 connection and the short time out of that connection. i know the api is available and thats what alarmserver uses. the only problem is i have to run a pc 24/7 or a raspberry pi (i do this).