No alarms when bad things happen - EnvisaLink3 / Vista20P

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

grabo

No alarms when bad things happen - EnvisaLink3 / Vista20P

Post by grabo »

Hi,

I got my Envisalink3 a few months ago, after a badguy unsuccessfully tried to break into my house (and I then powered up the alarm system that came with it and started learning about it). The house came with an ADT-branded Vista20P - labeled as the SafeWatch Pro 3000.

Envisalink3 seems to work. I get emails when I arm and disarm the system. I wired up a 'silent' zone on my panel to a relay that's driven by my central smoke detectors. If I 'test' the smokes, I get an email that there's a fire. I can arm/disarm the system from the web page and the mobile web page, too (great for when I realize that I forgot to arm the system). Seems like it works great.

Similarly, faulted zones show up on the eyez-on webpage as recent events - so it seems that everything is the way it should be.

HOWEVER - I don't get any alerts when the burglar alarm gets triggered. I've tried setting off alarms from multiple zones, but I get no alerts, and there are no events listed on the webpage.

What am I missing? My gut tells me that it has something to do with the Vista20P programming, but I haven't figured out what. I've gone through everything in triplicate, and everything matches up according to instructions (report codes, specific programming for envisalink, etc) except for the stuff that the SWP3000 doesn't support (i.e., you can't set the *48 report format since the SWP3000 only supports ContactID).

Any suggestions are welcome! I want to sign up for eyez-on monitoring, but right now that seems like a waste of $$ since no alerts are getting sent.
GrandWizard

Re: No alarms when bad things happen - EnvisaLink3 / Vista20

Post by GrandWizard »

Submit a support request and we can look at your settings. It sounds like you are either testing the system incorrectly or there is a Vista programming problem.
grabo

Post by grabo »

GrandWizard wrote:Submit a support request and we can look at your settings. It sounds like you are either testing the system incorrectly or there is a Vista programming problem.
This may be a stupid question, but HOW do I submit a support request? I can't find anything on the Eyezon website other than a generic contact address/form.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

From your Eyezon portal account just click on the Request Support tab on the left hand side of your screen.
NonTech

Post by NonTech »

In the meantime, how long are you waiting after the burglar alarm is triggered before you turnoff the alarm system? I think by default, alarm signals are sent after 30 seconds and possibly as high as 60 seconds (or more depending on the setting). If you turnoff the alarm before 30-60 seconds delay, no alarm signal will be sent out by the SafeWatch Pro 3000 (VISTA 20P) Alarm System. This delay is setup to minimize false alarm, but I reduce the delay time on my System to 0 seconds, allowing the signal to be sent immediately after an alarm is triggered. Trying testing and let the siren continue for at least 90 seconds to see if delay is what is causing the Alarm Signal from being sent out.

Also, under Manage Contacts >>Contact Name >> Assigned Devices >> Modify ; is "Alarms" Box Checked?
grabo

Post by grabo »

NonTech wrote:In the meantime, how long are you waiting after the burglar alarm is triggered before you turnoff the alarm system? I think by default, alarm signals are sent after 30 seconds and possibly as high as 60 seconds (or more depending on the setting). If you turnoff the alarm before 30-60 seconds delay, no alarm signal will be sent out by the SafeWatch Pro 3000 (VISTA 20P) Alarm System. This delay is setup to minimize false alarm, but I reduce the delay time on my System to 0 seconds, allowing the signal to be sent immediately after an alarm is triggered. Trying testing and let the siren continue for at least 90 seconds to see if delay is what is causing the Alarm Signal from being sent out.

Also, under Manage Contacts >>Contact Name >> Assigned Devices >> Modify ; is "Alarms" Box Checked?
Thanks for the reply.

*50 (burglar dialer delay) is set at 0.

I'll try letting the alarm run for a long time (I'll disconnect the siren so as to not annoy the neighbors) to see if something happens.

Yes, "alarms" is checked. I do get alerts for alarms caused by my "silent 24x7" zone, which is connected to my smoke detectors.
Flyct

Post by Flyct »

When programming each zone in *56 confirm that a REPORT CODE number other than zero entry is entered as the first digit. If report codes are set to "00" Alarms will not be transmitted. It doesn't matter what you enter as long as it's not 00. I normally just enter 1's for all report codes for every zone.

That tripped me up with the 1st Vista I programed at one of my homes.
grabo

Post by grabo »

I think I figured out what's going on. I did a test today where I let the alarm run for a while after coming home, and eventually I did get an alarm via email/text.

It appears that the SafeWatch Pro 3000 acts slightly differently than the Vista20P; it doesn't support a "no" dial delay. Best I can do is a 15-second delay. (I think there's another way to do it by creating a list of zones - I'll try that next)

Problem solved.