Failure to communicate error status

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

omalbec

Failure to communicate error status

Post by omalbec »

By searching the forum I think I have answered my own question, but I wish to be sure. I just installed the 2DS and am up and running and receiving notifications along with the ability to arm/disarm via web. However, I am getting a "failure to communicate" yellow warning and my keypad shows a system error of "the panel has failed to communicate with the central station". I unplugged the station from the phone jack and then got the additional message "Telephone line trouble".

I read that I must have my unit reprogrammed to NOT attempt to phone call the former monitoring station people. Is that correct? I do not know my Master lock (not the same as my arm/disarm, right?) code. If I did know it (try 1234, or 0000), is this something I can change myself or must I be walked through it by the former monitoring company?

It wouldn't be a big deal other than it does make the system "busy" as it tries to communicate. It also makes it harder to quickly see if all is OK. Thanks.
GrandWizard

Re: Failure to communicate error status

Post by GrandWizard »

Yes you did answer your own question.

If there are any contact numbers programmed into the panel it will try and call them and if it doesn't succeed, you will get a FTC (fail to communicate) error. As well, if TLM is programmed (Telephone Line Monitoring), will will generate a trouble on that too.

You need your installers code to make any of these changes but if you have it, it is easy to do. Just download the "Programming Worksheets" for your panel (just google it) along with the "installers" manual. You will need to delete the phone number from the primary communicator to solve your first issue, and then turn off TLM to solve your second.
omalbec

Re: Failure to communicate error status

Post by omalbec »

Got it all figured out. Took a system reboot after changing 015 and 380.