Port Forwarding stops working

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

mkilkie

Port Forwarding stops working

Post by mkilkie »

I've had a 2DS module set up for years on various linksys routers for remote access using port forwarding and it's worked flawlessly. I've just replaced my router with an Asus RT-N66U and I can't get the forwarding to work with the 2DS. It's working fine with other devices on my network (cameras etc.) and I'm using the same settings as on the linksys namely external port 8080 and internal port 80. The odd thing is that it works initially and then stops. I've tried using other external ports but with the same result and I can't figure out why it works and then doesn't. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
depaola

Re: Port Forwarding stops working

Post by depaola »

I think I have the same problem with the same router for an Evisalink 3. I'm using a Sprint (wireless telco) provided Asus router as of Friday and I'm experiencing intermittent external connectivity problems all of a sudden. With my old router, I never turned on port forwarding, but at this point I'll try anything. The item is going on and off from Internet accessibility, but it remains reachable on the internal network. Did you ever resolve your issue? If so, how did you do it?