Envisalink 3 TPI Login

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

mors

Envisalink 3 TPI Login

Post by mors »

I've recently installed an Envisalink 3 module into my DSC PowerSeries alarm panel and am unable to successfully log in programatically or via TELNET, however I can successfully log in to the Envisalink's local web page.

Using telnet (I've tried several different telnet clients), I can successfully connect to the Envisalink, and immediately receive a 5053CD command, however when I attempt to type a response the session immediately (happens immediately after the very first key I press) responds with a 5000052A followed immediately by a 5050CA.

When attempting to log in programatically (I'm using C# and .NET), no matter what response I provide to the 5053CD command, I receive the same 50000052A and 5050CA as mentioned above. I've followed the instructions in the TPI documentation regarding properly formatting the command, data, checksum and CRLF.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is something fundamentally wrong with my Envisalink, or something fundamental that I just don't understand.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and if there is information I've left out that is helpful, please don't hesitate to ask.

Michael
GrandWizard

Re: Envisalink 3 TPI Login

Post by GrandWizard »

You can't use TELNET as that is a protocol, not a program. There are extra bytes being sent by your TELNET client that you can't see that will cause the TPI to reject your input.

I would recommend looking at some of the open-source projects, many in JAVA, that connect to the TPI with much success. Also use "PuTTY" in RAW TCP mode to avoid all those TELNETisms.
mors

Post by mors »

Thank you for the help. Have both working now - telnet and programatically.

Michael
kslate

Post by kslate »

Out of curiosity, what was the solution. I'm in a similar situation and getting the same results using perl to try to connect.

I get the same replies now matter what I do. Matching what you posted.

I'm guessing that I just don't get the format to send the commands because no matter what I try I get the same results as you.

I've added the 005 connect plus the password and the checksum (determined by using the perl script posted on a different post on this forum, as well as Google searches). I then convert it using String::HexConvert (and Google) and then try to send it along. I've tried several different CR LF attempts at the end but no matter what I try I get the same results. I've also tried adding a few pauses to see if it was a timing issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions or possible examples (perl?) that work?

It feels like I'm missing something simple here but it's getting pretty frustrating.
Foosman

Post by Foosman »

I struggled with not being able to login as well and determined that the local password was not being set properly. According to the documentation, the password should match whatever password you register with on the website. I wonder if mine did not work because my initial password was greater than 6 digits. The solution:

I reset the password:
http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=371

default password is: 'user'
telnet <YOUR_IP_ADDRESS>
Paste (without the single quotes): '005user54'

Now I am trying to determine how to change the local password from 'user' to something else.
icschutte

Post by icschutte »

Had the same issue recently.

The TPI doc correctly states to use the same password as the one used to log into the Envisalink's local web page. However, the network login command (005) only accepts up to 6 characters. So, it's not entirely correct. Just use the first 6 characters of the web page password for the 005 command, e.g. web password - 12345678, TPI password - 123456
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The local page only accepts 6 characters as well. On the EVL4 I think it is 10 now, but I need to ask about that. It might be 12.
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

For EVL4, does the TPI then accept the first 6 chars of the password even though the web page can support more, or will the TPI change?