What does message "Delinquency" mean?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

omalbec

What does message "Delinquency" mean?

Post by omalbec »

This one popped up this morning. What does it mean? Thanks.
quatchi

Re: What does message "Delinquency" mean?

Post by quatchi »

There has been no activity in a particular partition (3 weeks?)
omalbec

Post by omalbec »

Not sure what "activity" consists of. While we haven't armed it for quite a while, my log shows appropriate zone activity. We had a power outage a couple of days ago that also registered. "AC Failure Trouble Restoral- Partition 1" Is this telling me my battery needs replacing and that I'm being delinquent in not doing so? :?:
Thanks.
CustomElectronics

Post by CustomElectronics »

"We had a power outage a couple of days ago that also registered. "AC Failure Trouble Restoral- Partition 1" Is this telling me my battery needs replacing and that I'm being delinquent in not doing so? :?:"

no this is just panel logging that it lost AC power and that same was restored just as it reads
depending on the model of panel, and programing, you may get a few different forms of message related to this "event" as loss of power is a "trouble" and power comes back on is a "restoral"
hypnosis4u2nv

Post by hypnosis4u2nv »

To answer the question, the default setup of the Delinquency condition is 30 days. When set in days, it monitors Arming activity. When set in Hours, it monitors Zone Activity. In your case, if no arming is done in 30 days, the panel trips the Delinquency fault. You could change the setting to the maximum of 255, but you should arm the system at least once during that time to avoid the Delinquency fault.

The programming is found in Installers Section #377 - Must cycle down to the 11th option.

Delinquency Transmission Delay: Number of hours (Activity Delinquency) or days (Arming Delinquency) the panel will delay before transmitting the event to the central station. Valid entries: [001] to [255].

Installers Section #380 Option 8 controls either days or hours for the Delinquency.

[8] ON: the Delinquency feature follows zone activity. OFF: the Delinquency feature follows arming.
ptr727

Post by ptr727 »

I just got a delinquency alert in email, had no idea what it meant, and google sent me here.

It would really be a great help if email alerts could describe the meaning of an event, especially when using a term like delinquency. Maybe you could include a URL to a page that describes the event in question.

P.
f11

Post by f11 »

I know this thread is ancient by most fora standards, but ... what's the consequence of ignoring the delinquency message?

I got this terse message today on the one month anniversary of the last time I armed-disarmed my system via the EnvisaLink 4 card and EyezOn iOS app. Now that I know what it means (courtesy all those who asked 5-7 years ago), what happens if I don't arm-disarm my system for another 30 days? Does my siren trip in the middle of the night, or the system go into a kernel panic, or something? Or do I get a delinquency message every day until I do an arm-disarm cycle? Does the delinquency status just remain forever in my recent events, until I do an arm-disarm cycle to clear it?

Sorry, not trying to be a smart-a$$ ... just not sure how urgent or action-based the message is. I'm still connected to my monitoring service while I do further testing. Do they get this message as well, or is it strictly an EVL-4 / EyezOn alert?
Rod
Edmonton AB CA
# UNO-IP Hybrid - RF5132-433 - 2xWS4939 4-Button Fobs # 1 Partition # 7 Wired Zones: 4 Motion 3 Doors #
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The Delinquency signal goes to the central station to inform them that the customer isn't using their security system. Its just to warn the dealer and station that the system isn't protected as the customer isn't arming it. It is completely benign otherwise.

For more information on DSC's delinquency event see your DSC installers guide. As another user posted back in 2012, you can turn this feature off.