Can Envisalink 3 interfere with DSC entry delay?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

simon_314

Can Envisalink 3 interfere with DSC entry delay?

Post by simon_314 »

Hi there,

My first post here so I hope I'm doing this correct. Anyway, I have an DSC 1864 panel with an Envisalink 3 connected to it. A few months ago, I started to get some problem with the entry delay on one of my front doors (l think the problem occured after installing the Envisalink). It's a wired connection.

When I open the door, the LED-panel takes 0 to over 20 seconds to start beeping my 30 second entry delay. One day it can take 12 sec for it to start beeping, the next day 3 sec, then 18 sec etc.

My installer, from a professional firm here in Sweden, changed the wirering and checked on the panel several times that the system indicated "open" and "closed" and all looked just fine. But it didn't help. The problem is still there and now he, and I, are really confused. He also tried to remove the section ("00") and then adding it as a entry deleyed section again. But that didn't help.

Now to my question: Can the Envisalink 3 in any way interfere with my DSC 1864 panel and cause this problem? My installer is beginning to think so. If not, any ideas what can be wrong?
GrandWizard

Re: Can Envisalink 3 interfere with DSC entry delay?

Post by GrandWizard »

No, that isn't possible. I would look for a bad connection with the keypad. Does your Envisalink show Exit Delay when the keypad does not?
simon_314

Post by simon_314 »

Thanks for a swift reply. The exit delay works just fine, it's the entry delay that's causing trouble. How can I check what you're asking for?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Oh, I misread your post, I thought you meant exit delay.

You must have an issue with your zone, that would be the only reason the panel would not go into entry delay after your breach a perimeter zone. Do you have another door you could test with?
NonTech

Post by NonTech »

simon_314 wrote:Hi there,

Now to my question: Can the Envisalink 3 in any way interfere with my DSC 1864 panel and cause this problem? My installer is beginning to think so. If not, any ideas what can be wrong?
Why not disconnect the EnvisaLink 3 from your system (temporary) and see if the problem goes away? I'm surprise that the professional installer did not do this when he was on site, instead of speculating. All he had to do was disconnect 4-wires.
rrh

Post by rrh »

I installed an Envisalink 4 in a dsc 1864 system.
As with the previous entry, I lost the entry tone on both keypads.
when I disconnected the Evivisalink 4 board my entry tones came back.

I don't know what the Correlation is but, I repeated the install and uninstall of the board with the same results.

I have used the web panel to arm and disarm my system.

So, what's the story here? What am I not getting?

Thanks in advance for help.
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

rrh wrote:I installed an Envisalink 4 in a dsc 1864 system.
As with the previous entry, I lost the entry tone on both keypads.
when I disconnected the Evivisalink 4 board my entry tones came back.
That is odd. Do you know how many devices are on the keybus? I wonder if adding the Envisalink is pushing your panel over the power limit for your current power supply on the keybus. I don't know the power requirement of the Envisalink 4, but it should be specified in the documentation.
simon_314

Post by simon_314 »

rrh,

Did your magnet failed also or only the entry signal? In my case the magnet and the entry signal both failed. However, my installer did not disconnect the Envisalink 3 which, of course when I think about it, would have been standard procedure (thanks for the advice, NonTech). In my case I will also check the keypad wireing.
rrh

Post by rrh »

I'm a bit of a novice with this.

I have only 2 keypads wired in to the keypad inputs. a pk5500 and rfk5564.
I Have windows zoned wireless.
Envisalink 4 spec says 65mA.

How do I test a Magnet failure. The system armed ok. I don't actually know if the door sensor signaled an open door. I didn't wait long enough to see if situation actually triggered an alarm.
Only zone 1 is wired for 2 doors. Both doors and keypads had the same symptoms.

I pulled the power on the Envisalink and the system now acts normal on both keypads.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Enable door CHIME (*4) on one of your keypads and try testing your two doors. Do they chime when they open with or without the Envisalink? Don't power-down you whole system, just remove the red wire from the Envisalink.

Also, can you clarify what you mean by Zone 1 is wired for two doors?