Vista Automation Module (VAM) and EnvisaLink 3

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

shaywood

Vista Automation Module (VAM) and EnvisaLink 3

Post by shaywood »

I'm currently using an EnvisaLink 3 on my system and really like it. I'm adding a VAM in order to control some z-wave devices. Can I run both on the same Vista 20P?
dcuste

Re: Vista Automation Module (VAM) and EnvisaLink 3

Post by dcuste »

I don't know the answer to your question, but did notice in the VAM specifications on amazon states..... Communicates and gets power over four-wire ECP connection to VISTA Honeywell Total Connect compatible Visit the Tuxedo TouchTM dealer toolkit at http://www.tuxedotouchtoolkit.com/ for more information about VAM:

My 20p is older and not compatible with Total Connect. That is one of the reasons I went with the EVL3. The EVL3 works with all versions of the 20p.

The other reason I went with the EVL3 was they don't charge a monthly fee. The Tuxedo Touch states......
Additionally, consumers using the award-winning Honeywell Total Connect™ Remote Services can control the system on their smart devices anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.

It sounds to me that you will need to sign up with Total Connect services to use your VAM remotely.

I hope it does work for you. Let us know.
shaywood

Re: Vista Automation Module (VAM) and EnvisaLink 3

Post by shaywood »

Thanks for the note. In reading reviews on the VAM folks say you don't have to subscribe if you know how to set port forwarding on the router, which won't be a problem. Would still like to use my Envisalink 3 though.