EVL-4 is only showing first 8 zones

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

OldDawg

EVL-4 is only showing first 8 zones

Post by OldDawg »

I have the DCS Power Series 632 (1555MX) and the Envisalink Main Details Screen is only showing the first 8 zones. The first row is only displayed. I have a wireless Smoke Detector on zone 9. Should all 32 zones display even though I don't use them all?
GrandWizard

Re: EVL-4 is only showing first 8 zones

Post by GrandWizard »

Did you label all of your zones in your Eyezon portal as per the instructions?
OldDawg

Post by OldDawg »

Thank you. That was it. I didn't think I could label unless I did the EnvisAlarm service.
Appreciate the help. Love the product.
zedder

Post by zedder »

I read on Eyez-On's website that it will not report the zone names in text messages unless you register for their service which has a fee...but you mentioned that you were able to name your zones...and the text messages that you received reported the open zones with their names? And you are not paying for their service?

I'm thinking of purchasing the EnvisaLink4 for my DSC system and would like to know if it will be reporting the names of the open zones in a text when an alarm triggers without signing up and paying for their service?

Thanks
OldDawg

Post by OldDawg »

I am very happy with EVL-4. The labels work in text without the extra fee- Here is a text I received

noreply@eyezon.com / Security Event: Dining Room Motion Alarm / Security Event: Dining Room Motion Alarm
Time: 2015-12-06 14:37:09
Partition: 1
zedder

Post by zedder »

That was exactly what I wanted to know and thanks for showing me an actual text message as I was wondering what info came through the text...thank you very much OldDawg!
zedder

Post by zedder »

One more question...I read that their servers were located in the USA...will this be a problem for Canadian residents and getting charged data rates for the texts?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

zedder wrote:One more question...I read that their servers were located in the USA...will this be a problem for Canadian residents and getting charged data rates for the texts?
No, we use your carrier's email-to-SMS gateway so the SMS messages originate in your own country.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

zedder wrote:I read on Eyez-On's website that it will not report the zone names in text messages unless you register for their service which has a fee...
Where did you read that?
zedder

Post by zedder »

Thanks for your reply to the texting question.

I read that in the reviews on the Amazon website...