New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

jacauc

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by jacauc »

Would it be possible to select (with checkboxes) which zones I want to arm?
On top of that, it would be awesome if I can save the selection into a group.

This will allow me to:
away arm (existing) - Activates all Zones
stay arm (existing) - Activates only zones OUTside the home
inside arm - Activates only zones INside the home, (eg. when I am away, but the gardener is working in the garden)

Otherwise great product, it has been really helpful
hokie21

Post by hokie21 »

jacauc wrote:Would it be possible to select (with checkboxes) which zones I want to arm?
You didn't say which panel you have, but have you experimented with doing this using a Macro function? The Vista 20P users guide shows an example of a Macro where zone bypass of two zones is followed by an away arm. While not exactly what you are asking for, it may be close enough.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

jacauc wrote:Would it be possible to select (with checkboxes) which zones I want to arm?
On top of that, it would be awesome if I can save the selection into a group.

This will allow me to:
away arm (existing) - Activates all Zones
stay arm (existing) - Activates only zones OUTside the home
inside arm - Activates only zones INside the home, (eg. when I am away, but the gardener is working in the garden)

Otherwise great product, it has been really helpful
That is all handled by your panel. Based on your zone definitions they will be grouped into arming modes like STAY, AWAY, and some panels also have NIGHT.
jacauc

Post by jacauc »

hokie21 wrote:
You didn't say which panel you have, but have you experimented with doing this using a Macro function? The Vista 20P users guide shows an example of a Macro where zone bypass of two zones is followed by an away arm. While not exactly what you are asking for, it may be close enough.
I'm using a DSC panel with Envisalink 3.
Have not tried any Macros... Any guidance on how to try that?
GrandWizard wrote: That is all handled by your panel. Based on your zone definitions they will be grouped into arming modes like STAY, AWAY, and some panels also have NIGHT.
Does that imply that it cannot be done from the unit, but I have to get an alarm technician to come and configure a third program on the unit?
Quite sure I do not have a NIGHT mode.
jacauc

Post by jacauc »

*bump*
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Bump what?
jacauc

Post by jacauc »

@hokie21

@GrandWizard
Does that imply that it cannot be done from the unit, but I have to get an alarm technician to come and configure a third program on the unit?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

jacauc wrote:@hokie21
Macros only exist on Honeywell systems
@GrandWizard
DSC panels have STAY, AWAY, and NIGHT. You would have programmed which zones are within each group when you installed your system. As you programmed you own system there is no need to involve a professional.

If you have any zone that you don't want to be armed when closing simply bypass it.
jacauc

Post by jacauc »

Thanks!

I'll try the bypass feature and have a look. Seems like there is a way to store the bypasses for future use, but this will take some experimenting... Hopefully I don't mess with the Stay/Away programming
dswander

Post by dswander »

I see this has been asked before, but didn't see any response:

I don't see that the system can notify based on user - it is every user's activity sends a notification or all notifications are turned off.

If you can add an option to not send notifications for activity by the Master Code (Code 40 on my DSC PC1555MX with the EnvisaLink 4) that would solve my problem. I don't need to be notified of my own activity in the system, but want notifications for everyone else's user codes.

If there is a way to accomplish this that I missed, any help is appreciated! Thanks! dswander