EVL-4 is only showing first 8 zones

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

zedder

Re: EVL-4 is only showing first 8 zones

Post by zedder »

To OldDawg or anyone this can answer this:

Are you paying your cell phone service provider $5/month for the "Email to SMS"? I entered my cell number into the EyezOn "Manage Contacts" info then received a text message from Rogers saying "Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS, you have mail (which is my PIN)...reply YES to this message to subscribe". I called Rogers and they want to charge me $5/month for this. I have a data plan but would rather receive a text than an email. Is there no other way around this?

OldDawgs text message example above shows it being sent by "noreply@eyezon.com", not his cell service provider.

Thanks!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Rogers in Canada is the only carrier in the world, that we know of, that charges to get email-to-SMS messages. I user once told me that this is waived if have unlimited text messaging but don't quote me on that.
zedder

Post by zedder »

Thanks for the reply GrandWizard. I think I may have figured it out...in the EyezOn app, there were 2 options for Rogers..."Rogers AT&T" and "Rogers 2". When I selected the Rogers AT&T, I received a text from Rogers saying I had to subscribe to the Email to SMS service by replying YES to that text. I then chose the other option Rogers 2, and I received the text from EyezOn immediately with my PIN to enter into the app to verify.

It didn't tell me that I had to subscribe for that option. I don't think I am getting billed for this?? I guess I'll find out when my monthly bill arrives!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Oh, that's some good information. I believe the difference between the two is "PCS" vs "SMS" in the domain name. Why this makes a difference, I don't know.