EVL 4 compatibility question and please help

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Genner

EVL 4 compatibility question and please help

Post by Genner »

Hello Everyone,

I have an old panel First Alert, FA142c, which is a re-badged Ademco Vista 10p or 10se. Previous owner has two Keypads connected to it, one FA210KP and 6160. Both are apparently using address 31.
First off will the EVL 4 be fully functional on this panel(ie arm/disarm from the Eyezon Portal)?

So far the EVL 4's settings Partition 1 has been set to 31 and all other Partitions set to 00. Enable IP/GSM/LRR shadowing is unchecked.

My EVL 4 seems to be reporting feedback from the panel to the online portal. When I log onto the portal on EyezOn, I get the initial notification on top:

Error: Keypad Address Programming Not Completed. See Part 2.1 in the Programming Guide
Error:*29 Programming on panel not completed properly. Programming Guide

Then in the Recent Activity section, I get the following:

Center - TLM Trouble
2016-01-10 16:22:06

Center - Battery Trouble Alarm
2016-01-10 16:11:19

Center - Battery Trouble Restoral
2016-01-10 16:07:43

I am not sure how to fix the two errors above, is it even possible with this old panel?
Please Help.

Thanks,
Genner
GrandWizard

Re: EVL 4 compatibility question and please help

Post by GrandWizard »

That panel is an "SE" version and is not compatible as it requires non-addressable keypads. Address 31 is the address reserved for NO ADDRESS.
Genner

Post by Genner »

Hello GrandWizard,

Thanks for the help and reply.
So this afternoon, I decided to log onto my online portal and I now see the Disarm/Command buttons and the zones chart 1-64 on the left.
The EVL 4 is reporting to the portal that there is trouble due to the low battery charge.

Even though the First Alert FA142c is technically a vista 10se, should I even be getting all this on my online portal?

Maybe it's only one way reporting to the online portal and not vice versa where a command initiated from the online portal is forwarded to the FA142c.

Just a bit confused if it's not compatible why my online portal is reporting or showing the panel's status state.

Thanks,
Genner
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Submit a tech support ticket so we can see who you are.
Genner

Post by Genner »

Hello GrandWizard,

Thanks again for the help. I went ahead and just submitted a ticket request.

Thanks for the help!