Time not updated for DST

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

cinergi

Time not updated for DST

Post by cinergi »

Hi,

This morning my DSC panel with EV-3 installed did not automatically update its time for DST; it is still on standard time. I logged in to the EV-3 module's local Web interface and confirmed that the module time has not been updated, which explains why the panel time is also wrong. The switchover has worked fine in the past. Anyone else having this issue?

I assume rebooting the EV-3 will fix the issue, but I'm going to wait to see if it eventually updates itself.

Thanks
cinergi
ptr727

Re: Time not updated for DST

Post by ptr727 »

Same here, instead one +1 hour, my time jumped +4 hours.

I recall this happening before due to some backend problem, is this going to be a yearly thing, until, until we get rid of daylight savings in CA?

Update 1, just logged into my account, and my account was set to EDT, not the way I had it, clearly as time had been correct a long time, again seems like a backend problem. I changed my time to PDT, unit time did not update.

Update 2, after 7 hours the time is still wrong, I logged into my account, and manually rebooted the device, time is now correct on the E3 system page, but still not on the alarm keypad panels.

Update 3, an hour later keypads show correct time.
cinergi

Re: Time not updated for DST

Post by cinergi »

My time updated automatically today. Strange that it's a day late. You're right, I remember there were some back-end issues related to DST a year or two ago but as I recall, the last few time updates went smoothly.

cinergi