Disable periodic Test Message

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

mike240se

Disable periodic Test Message

Post by mike240se »

Hi, I would like to not get SMS/e-mail for the periodic test message on my envisalink4/vista20p. After searching here it seems this is completely redundant anyways since envisalink is constantly monitoring the link. Also, I plan on setting up Tasker on my phone to set off an alarm on my phone when I get a SMS from eyez-on, if I get the periodic test message daily its going to throw a wrench in that plan since I will be getting false alarm daily.

I assume I need to uncheck one of the boxes for my contact to disable these? Or must I change a setting in the vista 20p programming?

PS. I love this product so far, it's exactly what I was looking for and I am so glad I found it before I ordered a competing solution that is far inferior imo.

PSS. Does anyone have any other suggestions for setting of an alarm on an android phone when a sms alert comes in other than my idea to use Tasker app? I get a lot of crap e-mails and sms so I am concerned I wont notice when I get an actual alarm sms otherwise.
GrandWizard

Re: Disable periodic Test Message

Post by GrandWizard »

If you don't want periodic test messages then turn them off in your Vista20P. If you still want them but don't want to be notified, turn off "Miscellaneous" in your contact settings.

Envisacor is working on a notification "app" for Android that will eventually do what you want. It may be the summer before it is available though.
mike240se

Post by mike240se »

GrandWizard wrote:If you don't want periodic test messages then turn them off in your Vista20P. If you still want them but don't want to be notified, turn off "Miscellaneous" in your contact settings.

Envisacor is working on a notification "app" for Android that will eventually do what you want. It may be the summer before it is available though.
Thank you very much, is there any other messages that I would lose if I turn off Misc in my contact settings?

As far as the app, does evisalink have an open api that Envisacor is using that would be open to regular customers? I could throw something together for android in a couple hours if so.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Pretty much everything that isn't an alarm, opening/closing, or trouble, would fall under "Misc". You don't lose them, they are still in your log, you just won't get alerted.

Yes, Envisacor has an open API they call the TPI (Third party interface). It is what all the other "app" developers use. We use it in QA for testing firmware releases too. You can find the docs on our forum at...

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=301
sylvaing

Post by sylvaing »

mike240se wrote:...

PSS. Does anyone have any other suggestions for setting of an alarm on an android phone when a sms alert comes in other than my idea to use Tasker app? I get a lot of crap e-mails and sms so I am concerned I wont notice when I get an actual alarm sms otherwise.
Here's what I did. Had to do this because Telus is throttling SMS but as it turns out, I really like this method.

I created a separate GMail account and set my eyezon account to send important notification (ie, Alarm and supervisory failure) to that GMail account. I added the account to my phone and gave it a separate notification tone. I also set the account to disregard any email that is not from noreply@eyezon.com since that's the only thing this email account it for.

My kid opened the garage door this afternoon and forgot the alarm was armed. Got the notification seconds after and couldn't have missed it.

When my phone is on vibrate only, that account vibrate 5 times when an email is received so it's hard to miss even then :-)