EVL-4 Boot Loop

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

tamu

EVL-4 Boot Loop

Post by tamu »

I'm swapping out my EVL-3 to an EVL-4. The EVL-4 booted up and I went to the network settings and changed my IP address to a static address. It said it was rebooting due to IP change. It is now stuck in what looks to be a boot loop. All LEDS flash down the line. The link light will reset as well. I noticed that a constant ping to the static IP address I set would occasionally respond to one ping while it is in this loop. I tried resetting all cables several times, but it did not change the behavior. I have reinstalled the EVL-3 for the time being.

I could not find the reset instructions for this board. Do I have any options or should I return for another?

Thanks
GrandWizard

Re: EVL-4 Boot Loop

Post by GrandWizard »

There is a reset pad on the EVL4 near the PCLINK connector. Use a screwdriver or tweezers to short the pads for 5 seconds or until it reboots.

I've never heard of this before. Maybe you could send a short video to tech support?
tamu

Post by tamu »

A firmware upgrade to 72 resolved my issue with setting a static IP.
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Did you let it update over the network automatically, or did you have to do something special?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

tamu wrote:A firmware upgrade to 72 resolved my issue with setting a static IP.
Envisacor confirms there is a issue with 1.0.61 in that a module set to static IP, and not connected to one of their reporting servers, will just keep rebooting.

The solution is to upgrade to the latest firmware which happens as soon as you register your Envisalink with your Eyezon account.
jlecount

Post by jlecount »

I have this same issue. However, I'm in a Catch-22 -- I cannot register the device until I can get it out of its boot loop. And i cannot upgrade the firmware until I can register the device... :cry:

Any ideas of how to resolve?

Thanks!

Jason
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Registration is done online with the printed MAC ID on the module. Why can you not perform that step?

I think that is what Grandwizard was suggesting.

I assume that then attaching the module on to a active network connection will allow it to perform the update automatically (although that wasn't said above.) I would also assume you may not be able to use static IP for this step until the update is performed.