Anyone using "allSecure"?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Flyct

Re: Anyone using "allSecure"?

Post by Flyct »

If you are using an iPad or iPhone you can easily add an "icon" link to your home screen for direct access.

Once the mobile link page is displayed click on the box in upper right with arrow and select add to home screen.

It will put an nice orange icon on your home screen.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (16.85 KiB) Viewed 8927 times
rwsj24601

Post by rwsj24601 »

KevinS - you have it just right. Exactly my thoughts. GrandWizard, I suggest you improve your online demeanor. It is unbecoming. With respect to the products, the ONLY reason I'm using the allSecure app is because Eyezon do not have one. I don't like the mobile link approach at all for all the reason Kevin states. allSecure would be fine if it interfaced into the Eyezon portal. However, it does not so I had to do many things over again (e.g. zone names, etc.). I also had to do specialty router configurations that the typical user would find difficult. I have 30 years in the networking business so not so hard for me.

GrandWizard - your response to this should be "I understand your input and I shall provide it to the development team for consideration."
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

It seems that Eyez-On has made a business decision not to make native apps. This seems like a good decision, since just wrapping the web interface in an app doesn't add much value in my mind (and would probably be slower than the existing web link.)

Most of the people I've seen wanting an app want to bypass an external web service for speed, or to reduce dependence on an external service. This means doing some form of network setup (and bypassing any cloud service.)
krazykanuck

Post by krazykanuck »

To answer the question, I'm using allSecure. I didn't want to open the ports on my router so only using it under Wifi.

I honestly don't see much difference between this and the Eyez-On weblink except for: instantly arm/unarm the system with no delay, naming of zones and telling me how long ago it was opened, making my wallet 10$ lighter...
CES

Post by CES »

just a comment reading this all from the start and not a continual user of the "app"
first i just figured out how to make the icon on my main page thanks to reading all this and
going back re reading the links an now have what i consider to be an "app icon" on my main page
and then touch and it goes to basic log on page ...so whats the problem...simple basic is all
one should expect for :idea: free ...works good and covers the concern i originally had of login in via the web page on my cell...if done wrong leaves it open to anyone that picks up my cell if iv not cleared it off, free is free and usually like in past PC freeware depens on users to contribute/comment for improvements or problems :)
and there was a comment by the person asking wy you do not have instructions/manual for the alsecure app well thats a paid app on the istore so wy should this site have that here if one purchases it on that store then there should be user instructions to go if not then hmmm paying for that and no basic instructions...hmm.......
anyhow just my "comment" on the readings here....
have a good one all
thanatos0801

Post by thanatos0801 »

I tried using the web app, and I find it to be really annoying. Even with the icon on the desktop, opening the web app from the desktop icon continually adds new "tabs" into my Safari view that need to be closed. There's delays in updating due to refresh intervals and connecting to the web services layer, it doesn't easily show zone names and states without going to multiple views. I, personally, find it to be inelegant, to the point where I'm writing my own third party app to fix the issues I see with it. I've tried AllSecure, and I'm not happy with it, either. It's missing several pieces, it doesn't alert in the background, it doesn't put alerts on the lock or home screen, it doesn't have any authentication, and more. So I'm working now to come up with a slightly more elegant solution with modern features/design. Some of the more advanced features will require a Mac app also running on a machine at home that is always on, but with the current features available from the TPI, there's no way around that.
jac1987

Post by jac1987 »

I tried allSecure and at least on my iphone 6s 64gb it didnt work, it crash every single time I tried to use, good thing is that apple made a refund for such a poor app
thanatos0801

Post by thanatos0801 »

jac1987 wrote:I tried allSecure and at least on my iphone 6s 64gb it didnt work, it crash every single time I tried to use, good thing is that apple made a refund for such a poor app
That's interesting to know. It looks like the developer made it at one point and then just stopped updating it. It's probably just using old API and needs updating.

I'll have may app ready for public consumption soon... I want it for my own use, which means it gets priority over other project ideas I have right now. LOL