Any interest in a beta Virtual Keypad for Mac?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

thanatos0801

Any interest in a beta Virtual Keypad for Mac?

Post by thanatos0801 »

Hey everyone! I've been working on using the TPI to create a solid Virtual Keypad for Mac OSX. I have something up and working that I'm pretty happy with. The keypad works, icons work, alarms and chimes work, There's a solid zone tracker which includes a list of zone names and closure times, there's an event history log that tracks for as long as you want it to and you can reset it manually. The only thing I don't have yet is multi-partition support (it's limited to partition 1) for the keypad.

Once I get the Mac OS X version working, I'm going to use it as the basis for a native iPhone app that will be very smooth and more responsive than the mobile website is, and which will include push notice support and custom alarm sounds, etc.

I'm open to feature suggestions as well. Any interest?
brientim

Re: Any interest in a beta Virtual Keypad for Mac?

Post by brientim »

Hello,

Yes, I am interested and I have I a couple of units (MAC and EVL) that I can use to test with.
Last edited by brientim on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thanatos0801

Post by thanatos0801 »

Excellent. I'll send you a copy once I get the software stable. I have partitions working now, but I need to adjust the database to allow you to assign zones to partitions, and also to hide zones you don't want to see. I also have the iOS app coming together now, with a full virtual keypad and a very nice zone view.
peipe

Post by peipe »

Hello!

Great idea, I'm also interested in testing it out. Please consider me too.

Best regards,
Felipe
GMc

Post by GMc »

I have an iMac and possibly an iPad I would like to try it on if possible.

Thanks for your efforts!
thanatos0801

Post by thanatos0801 »

Excellent. One limitation that was just discovered is that I'm only currently supporting Honeywell panels. If you have a honeywell panel, please send me a PM and I can get you setup with a beta to play with.

If you have a DSC panel, you'll have to wait until I can get DSC support implemented.
GMc

Post by GMc »

Well I tried sending you a PM last night and again this morning with no luck. PM's are still sitting in my Outbox.

I do have a Honeywell, Vista 20P

Thanks
thanatos0801

Post by thanatos0801 »

You did it correctly. I have two messages in my inbox. I presume that messages in the outbox are really just "sent messages".
GMc

Post by GMc »

That's what's weird, I kept checking my sent messages and it never showed up. I checked again this morning and it finally disappeared from my Outbox and showed up in my Sent messages.
brientim

Post by brientim »

Hello,

Just confirming if you received my PM?