Seting a name for user codes?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

stevepeck1

Seting a name for user codes?

Post by stevepeck1 »

I have five family members and want to be able to program a name for their codes so that I can see WHO armed and disarmed. I have a DSC 1818 with a PTK5507 touch panel. I know it CAN be done since it reports my name in texts when I use my code. For others, it just lists their code.

Thanks all!
Agrajag

Re: Seting a name for user codes?

Post by Agrajag »

Steve, you're one ahead of me. My code (on a Honeywell) comes across as User 2.

I second your request. It'd be great to be able to provide names to User codes. Now that I have this setup I'd like to add a dozen codes for specific cases, but having to learn the User # of each one would be laborious. "Hey, why's the gardener accessing my house at 10pm? Oh, that's my sister-in-law....."
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

It's all in the manual folks. Give it a read

http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=469
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

This is GREAT news! Thanks so much!
stevepeck1

Post by stevepeck1 »

I must be a little thick because I simply don't see in the manual where one can match up the four digit entry code in my DSC 1616 panel with my users' names.
GMc

Post by GMc »

I don't see it either. The manual he referred to is talking about contact names for email and notification.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

It's in Step 9, customization, where you can set Zone Labels, User Names etc.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

stevepeck1 wrote:I must be a little thick because I simply don't see in the manual where one can match up the four digit entry code in my DSC 1616 panel with my users' names.
You don't actually match up the code, you match up the USER NUMBER with a name. So on a DSC system you would might label user 40 as "Master User".
GMc

Post by GMc »

I don't care what anybody says about you, your alright! :lol: I was stuck on step 6. Step 9 doesn't give many details in the manual. Until you actually go into the portal to look at it its plain as day. :roll:

Works great, thanks
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

In this case I honestly believe the user interface is not as intuitive as it could be.

Why? Consider that this is HTML and look at the header for that section. The white text on a black background. On the left it says "System". You can't click on that. It's a title in a header. Extending that, on the right it says, "Manage Device". This is a link, but it's not in any way identified as such visually. Given the presentation it looks like a subhead to the section "System" and not an actionable click point. It's a case of conflicting presentation.

Once you do realize you can click on that word, the rest falls into place easily.