EVL4 and monitoring phone calls on each event

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

wesly

EVL4 and monitoring phone calls on each event

Post by wesly »

I believe this issue should be in a seperate thread for future references.

I have a vista20p with EVL4 and everytime when I arm/disarm then the monitoring central numbers are being dialed. I put my number there aswell (to get a phonecall incase of emergency. 8 calls if no handshake).
This was an acceptable solution to get notified incase of emergencies (since sms doesn't work for my carrier).
But I don't want to receive the phone calls after every arm/disarm action.

Is this a known problem or did I misconfigure something?

If it's possible I would like to receive the phone calls for emegencies only besides the email notifications (the email notifications can be for every event).
Please help me solve this last issue in this very fine envisalink + vista 20p system.

------GrandWizard reply-----

Yes this is a known problem with Honeywell panels. Unlike DSC panels, you cannot separate which signals go to the dialer and which signals go to the external communicator. So if you want opening and closing reports, they must go to both interfaces.

There is a service called "Synthetic Openings and Closings" available to Envisalerts+ customers whereby the alerting server will create a opening and/or closing report without having the panel do it. The only downside to this service is that you don't know which user opened or closed the system, just that it happened.
Last edited by wesly on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
wesly

Re: EVL4 and monitoring phone calls on each event

Post by wesly »

Thank you for the reply GrandWizard.
I think understand the issue.

So my options I believe are:

- disable reports for open/close events and enable phonecalls.
This will avoid the phonecalls for each open/close action (and only receive calls for emergencies), but will also disable the email notifications for each open/close action.

- enable reports for open/close events and disable phonecalls.
This will allow email notifications on every action, but will disable all phone calls (so no phone calls incase of emergencies).

Is this a complete overview of solutions?
I believe option 1 fits my requirement most. How would I disable the open/close events?

I believe it could also be possible to use a script (running on my server) to poll the system state through the envisalink API and sent emails on changes. This way I might combine the advantages of email notifications aswell as the emergency phonecall.

Or better yet, put a modem in my server and let the server make the phone calls after receiving a certain emergency email from envisalink.
wesly

Post by wesly »

It's a bummer I can't split the reports to the dialer and the communicator.
Can anyone help me how to disable reporting on arm/disarm?
(reporting on alarm/emergency must ofcourse kept activated).

I believe it has to be done through *49 or *65.

GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Just disable sections *65 and *66 and your panel will no longer generate opening nor closing reports.

*49 relates to the POTS dialer, not the secondary communicator.
wesly

Post by wesly »

Thank you GrandWizard! I entered the following command and it worked indeed (no more open/close reports):

*65 000
*66 000000