Programmatically get all DSC event log types?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

rct

Re: Programmatically get all DSC event log types?

Post by rct »

K-Man wrote:Sure, we'd added new TPI commands many times in the past based on user demand. If there is a command that you think would have universal benefit, and can be reasonably accomodated, then we can add it to an upcoming revision.

Just PM me with your suggestion.

K
Ok, great. I will send you a list of the ones I've noticed.

My use case is fairly straightforward: I'd like to capture all of the events that show up in the event log, so I don't have use *6 or DLS to check if there is anything unexpected in the logs. Currently the Envisalerts service seems to do a reasonable job of this, but it's not easy to automate downloading the log without screen scraping the portal. I feel like I should be able to do this with my own software through the envisalink, without having to rely on the portal. I bought the Envisalink to get better access and control.

The first group of messages I'd like to see that I think would be of general interest is:
  • notification of *1 (Zone bypass), *5 (code maintenance), and *6 (admin functions).
  • FTC restore. (I think you've got this in a ticket already).
  • Installer lead in/out
  • DLS lead in/out
  • Swinger shutdown
  • Delinquency
The other messages that I'd like to see that aren't as general are T-Link related:
  • T-Link Receiver Trouble / Restore
  • T-Link Network Fault / Restore
  • T-Link Communications Fault / Restore

Thanks,
--Rob