IFTTT Integration

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Cobra

Re: IFTTT Integration

Post by Cobra »

Nope, Envisalink doesn't provide a serial port, correct?

Yes, the Veralite is a good unit for automation and a z-wave bridge. And as GrandWizard says there are a bunch of other automation products that can use the Envisalink TPI locally.

If you want to use something like a Lumina or Omni automation controller with a DSC panel, it will need an additional IT-100, because it supports integration, but not over the Envisalink TPI (that's all I was pointing out.) The advantage of doing that, is that the Lumina / Omni series can talk to a very broad range of hardware (z-wave, X10, UPB, zigbee, RadioRA, ...), but it is also more expensive.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Nope meaning you don't need RS-232 for local interface. Indeed, why would you want that.

Those old home automation companies like HAI and Crestron are stuck in the 1980s. Everything is networked IP now and more and more moving to cloud-based HA. Apple's HA offering and Samsung's are all cloud-based let alone the endless drone about the Internet-of-Things.
Mackestrel

Post by Mackestrel »

Just took a look at IFTTT's website. Their aversion to alarm ./ security systems maybe history. Scout Alarms has a channel that allows arming, disarming (both multimode) and several other functions. Perhaps worth re-visiting the issue of IFTTT integration?
alarmguy2014

Post by alarmguy2014 »

I was able to get IFTTT to work using the email sent out by the envisalink, and having IFTTT monitor the emails for certain strings.

What I can't figure out is how to distinguish between arm-away and arm-stay events when triggered using the "away" or "stay" buttons on my panel. Both result in emails containing the same string ("Security Event: Special Closing" and "Security Event: Home Arm Mode"). Is there a way to do this?
detroit9000

Post by detroit9000 »

Has anyone been able to arm/disarm using a geofence, such as via an IFTTT integration?
pd2482

Post by pd2482 »

does envisalink utilize web hooks? Can use the maker channel https://ifttt.com/maker