New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

jelockwood

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by jelockwood »

With an EVL board e.g. EVL-4 it is as possible to not only link to the Eyez-On portal but also to other home automation systems e.g. Vera Lite and Samsung Smartthings. This allows these other system to monitor the status of your DSC panel and also do arm/disarm commands.

Note: The Smartthings system uses a user generated piece of software called AlarmServer which can I believe act as a proxy for other software allowing multiple programs to share the use of the EVL board.

Based on monitoring the status of the DSC panel one can also set other triggers to cause other actions e.g. turning on lights.

I was wondering if it would be possible to do something more in the reverse direction? That is have other sensors connected to the Vera Lite or Smartthings send status to the DSC panel and for the DSC panel to monitor these as if they were real DSC sensors.

For example one could then reuse existing Z-Wave sensors.

If we were talking a Linux system then the answer would probably be yes as you can do something called 'reverse Telnet'.

(I am aware there is a newer DSC panel with Z-Wave support - the DSC Touch but this is not only not available in the UK, it also uses non-European Z-Wave wireless frequencies and I am also not sure if it is supported by EVL boards and the Eyez-On portal.)
BrinNutz

Post by BrinNutz »

Something I'd like to see, is on the Mobile Portal where you input your security code, for you guys to have the auto fill disabled for that text box. I hate when every time I go to put in my code, it's automatically showing as a drop down option, plain as day, not blacked out at all.
uski

Post by uski »

dswander wrote:I see this has been asked before, but didn't see any response:

I don't see that the system can notify based on user - it is every user's activity sends a notification or all notifications are turned off.

If you can add an option to not send notifications for activity by the Master Code (Code 40 on my DSC PC1555MX with the EnvisaLink 4) that would solve my problem. I don't need to be notified of my own activity in the system, but want notifications for everyone else's user codes.

If there is a way to accomplish this that I missed, any help is appreciated! Thanks! dswander
Oh yes please !!! Give us a way to enable Arm/Disarm alerts for each user.
A great way would be to add a column in the "User Labels" page, so when giving a name to a user number, we could also select if this user triggers an alert or not.

For instance we could have no alert for users 1, 5, 7 and alerts for everybody else. Or alerts for everybody and not user 1. And so on.
rct

Ring Keypad Chime Programmatically from EVL-4 (DSC)

Post by rct »

I'd like the ability to ring the keypad chime programmatically from the EVL-4 on a DSC system.

Example use case: Ring the keypad chime if an exterior door is open for more than 5 minutes.

(I'm expecting an answer that this isn't possible with DSC, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.)
Jimmylala

Post by Jimmylala »

Any idea how I can intergrate the EnvisaLink EVL-4 with Samsung smart things and also i post a pic of my panel u help if it will work with the EnvisaLink EVL-4 thanks
mwortham

Post by mwortham »

My apologies if this has already been brought up (I haven't read all the feature request posts)... I would love to see a feature that would send an alert when a zone is left "open" for longer than x minutes (whether the system is armed or not). For example, I have a sensor on my garage door - if I leave home and forget to close the garage door, it would be great if the system could alert me about it!

I have a DSC system with the EVL-4.

Thanks,

Mark

EDIT: Nevermind! I just discovered that this is a feature available through the Envisalerts+ service. I may consider subscribing...
RobDIY

Post by RobDIY »

I have installed home assistance and it has increased the functionality of Envisalink 10 fold. Check it out here.

https://home-assistant.io/components/envisalink/
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

RobDIY wrote:I have installed home assistance and it has increased the functionality of Envisalink 10 fold. Check it out here.

https://home-assistant.io/components/envisalink/
Can you share what some of these new functions are?
sats4eva

Post by sats4eva »

What would be great is to link the envisalink to a voip service like Ooma. So if it triggered an alarm, it has Ooma call you.
Bleasel

Post by Bleasel »

Keypad LED State for "Night Mode". There appears to be no way of knowing that night mode is active. Changing from Stay Armed to Away Armed using [*][1] (bypasses zones with definition 37, hence Night Mode). Currently it shows Away Armed and Bypass Led = Off.

I have tested the zones that are programmed with definition 37 and they are definitely bypassed in Night Mode.