Logon Locally to the IP170D / time wrong /connection testing

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

wwm44276

Logon Locally to the IP170D / time wrong /connection testing

Post by wwm44276 »

The time on my DSC keypads is correct but the time on the eyez-on website is an hour behind. I validated that my account is set for Eastern Standard time.

Is there a way to login locally to the IP170D? when I access the http:\\IP170DIP it prompts me for a user name but I am not sure what to use.

I was hoping to be able to login locally to test if I was having problems with my internet connection or not. I am able to surf the internet (and post this message) via my internet connection and the IP170D has a valid IP and connection since I can hit the http:\\IP170DIP and get a login prompt. The eyez-on web page has not been updated with a status update for several hours even though I have armed/disarmed the system several times.
wwm44276

Re: Logon Locally to the IP170D / time wrong /connection tes

Post by wwm44276 »

I did not notice the user name and password to login locally on the bottom of the quick start. I am able to login locally and I have validated locally it reflects the correct time.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Canada and US Eastern Time is in Daylight savings time right now, UTC-5. Not Standard Time. That is why the time is one hour out.
vicw

Post by vicw »

As easy to use, reliable and useful as my IP100D has been, I find myself fussing with it with every seasonal time switchover between EST and EDT time to accommodate the time changes. I have to spin my wheels each time to remember where the setting is.

Am I wrong in thinking that I have to manually select to the Daylight Time setting every Spring, and change it back to Standard Time setting each Fall? It seem to me that is true, and If that is really so, it leaves the IP100D as the only electronic device I own that requires semi-annual intervention.

Every other one I use, including my computers, mobiles, DSC security system, and even my car, handle the scheduled switchover automatically, with my devices set for US & Canada Eastern Time, and with Daylight Savings enabled.

I hope you can tell me that I'm wrong, and that if I leave it set for Daylight time, it will automatically switch back to Standard this Fall. If not, can you tell me if the 2DS does handle the seasonal change automatically? It would be worth the $50 upgrade just to eliminate the manual changeover.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

That six months crept up on us fast. We meant to fix that before the time-change.

It's done now. If you hadn't already changed it manually it should have changed automatically.

Now about that $50 ... ;)
vicw

Post by vicw »

Three hour response time, on a Sunday. You are slowing down :P

I really appreciate the fix, although I did already change it manually this time. So does that mean the the time will automatically changeover on the IP100D from now on, and are you doing it somehow at the server end, perhaps using network time for the zone? I'm assuming I don't need to change any selections on my own unit.

I'll be thinking about the possible upgrade to the 2DS (and the $50), if I can figure out what that would do for me.