installation question (new user)

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Ouldefauder

installation question (new user)

Post by Ouldefauder »

After an extensive search of the forum I have found no answer to a simple question which is, Does the 2DS wire in a parallel form to the PC1832. In other words do you add new red,blk,yel,grn wires to PC1832 along with the exsiting wires that goto the keypad modual? I believe this would be the only way to wire it, but in an effort to not let the smoke out that electronic circuits run on, I would appreciate confirmation. Thanking you in advance.
Ouldefauder
GrandWizard

Re: installation question (new user)

Post by GrandWizard »

I guess nobody has asked on the forum as this information is in your 1832 "installers manual". You are correct, all Keybus devices (Envisalink, Keypads, zone expanders etc) are wired in parallel. All black wires go into the black terminal on your panel and the same goes for the other colours.
Ouldefauder

Re: installation question (new user)

Post by Ouldefauder »

Thank you for your reply. This information is not in the installation guide as you suggested and not on the EYEZ-ON website or the distributors website that I purchased from. I found a forum message where a member had panel problems after installing an additional panel. The reply to his questions was to check the wires as mutiple wires on a terminal might come loose (parallel wiring), so I wired the 2DS in parallel and all is well. The little installation guide provided with it specifically says RJ45 not included and should have 4 wire cable not included added to it or a simple schematic to increase clarity and alert home installers to the fact it is a parallel setup. I have been wiring all sorts of packaging machinery for 40 years, so I have plenty of experience with electronic circuit boards and find it is always best to ask if the instructions are not clear. First law of electronics. IC's run on smoke. Don't let the smoke out.
Regards