Network Supervisory Beta Testers Wanted

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

K-Man

Network Supervisory Beta Testers Wanted

Post by K-Man »

Do you receive multiple supervisory faults per day? Is this driving you mad? Well maybe you're a good candidate for Envisalink BETA firmware and should join the BETA program.

BETA test firmware transmits a lot more diagnostics than release firmware so there may be hope in diagnosing exactly what on your network is causing your network failures. You will also be helping the community by testing the latest firmware.

If you are interested private message me and I can add you to the list. You need to agree to have your firmware updated without notice and be amiable to answering questions about your network setup if called upon. Ability to run network diagnostic tools like Wireshark would be a big asset too.

K
beginnerparanoiac

Re: Network Supervisory Beta Testers Wanted

Post by beginnerparanoiac »

I have a recently started having 1-2 NS faults per day. Only change locally is from DSL to Cable with attendant 100x speed increase and 10x latency decrease. The (old, not terribly fast) router that EV3 attaches to seems to be crashing and then recovering automatically (probably watchdog timer).
Total downtime is reported at 9 minutes and 50 seconds (EyezOn emailed times for supervision loss and restore). Other devices on same router also are unable to communicate, and router DHCP logs show new DHCP leases after the event. I don't have a ton of debug info from the router yet, but would be intrigued if there were something about NS that's changed or is speed/latency sensitive possibly - for instance if the EV3 might chatter/jabber in special circumstances? Just a thought - please do contact me if here may be some benefit from the beta firmware.
K-Man

Re: Network Supervisory Beta Testers Wanted

Post by K-Man »

That firmware went into release back in August so there is no BETA firmware. All the new debug tools remained in the release version. If you are having network supervision issues I would contact eyezon technical support as they have all the tools we added for debugging network problems.